• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bathurst 2007

Flem274*

123/5
I follow every V8 race and F1 and how anyone could call Lowndes arrogant is beyond me.

Fantastic result for Ford. I wish Junior Johnson could have held on at the end. Old Dick Johnson was about to blow a valve spring!

It's a shame that once again Radisich gets the **** end of the stick when it comes to car reliability. We never really got to see who was better out of him or Murph. There's no contest who's the better personality though.
Yeah I'm dissapointed about Radisich, he was such a brilliant driver in the 90's when he took out the World Touring Car Challenge twice.

You watch F1? I can't stand it, its not compettitive anymore. Hopefully the ew rules next year will help out a bit.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't remember that rant. Though TBH I doubt Brock could have won 9 Bathursts in todays era. Its just so much harder. That is something that can never be proven though. As for Kelly saying he could have won 9 bathursts, that is arrogance I admit but fairly typical of a young talented driver that has won 2 Bathursts and is getting carried away a bit.

As for punting Lowndes off, as a ford fan I doubt you could ever be convinced it was a legitimate accident, and its surprising giving the pedanticness of the officials in recent years that Kelly wasn't called for it, but that was a borderline incident that could have gone either way. I thought Tander's blocking was more deliberate, but thats a tactic seen so often it would be foolish to hang Tander for it.
The blocking/dirty tactics used by Toll & HRT that weekend were all shocking and disgraceful. Race 1, Skaife & Tander had a go at running him off the road. Race 2, Tander blocking so bad it wasn't ****ing funny. Blocking is often used, but not during the middle of the race, and the way Tander tried to claim he had engine issues (despite the fact that once he was given the black flag he magically had the quickest car on the track again) proved it was a deliberate attempt at hindering Lowndes' c'ship chances. The Lowndes/Kelly incident was dodgy, but it doesn't change the fact that Kelly took out his only contender for the championship.

Obviously i have a bias (:p), but the number of ford & holden fans that i've talked to, and those who've sent letters to magazines (Auto Action & Motorsport news) in disgust of the tactics used by Toll that weekend suggests to me that there's at least some truth in my claims.

It was in the leadup to the '04 race that Kelly was talking himself up.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Yeah I'm dissapointed about Radisich, he was such a brilliant driver in the 90's when he took out the World Touring Car Challenge twice.

You watch F1? I can't stand it, its not compettitive anymore. Hopefully the ew rules next year will help out a bit.
Rat is still a brilliant driver today IMO, and gutsy as hell. After having a major at the same circuit a year back he comes back and has to drive into the chase at 297 km/h with hardly any brake pedal. Guts. But it has been a lost career as far as V8s are concerned. But he still had a few podiums and round wins and not a lot of drivers can say that.

What do you mean F1 is not competitive anymore? The top two teams are very close, and in F1 it is very rare for more than two teams to have good cars capable of winning in any one year.

Flem274*

123/5
The blocking/dirty tactics used by Toll & HRT that weekend were all shocking and disgraceful. Race 1, Skaife & Tander had a go at running him off the road. Race 2, Tander blocking so bad it wasn't ****ing funny. Blocking is often used, but not during the middle of the race, and the way Tander tried to claim he had engine issues (despite the fact that once he was given the black flag he magically had the quickest car on the track again) proved it was a deliberate attempt at hindering Lowndes' c'ship chances. The Lowndes/Kelly incident was dodgy, but it doesn't change the fact that Kelly took out his only contender for the championship.

Obviously i have a bias (:p), but the number of ford & holden fans that i've talked to, and those who've sent letters to magazines (Auto Action & Motorsport news) in disgust of the tactics used by Toll that weekend suggests to me that there's at least some truth in my claims.

It was in the leadup to the '04 race that Kelly was talking himself up.
Hmm as I said though blocking is used an awful lot. Dear old Marcos Ambrose had a bad habit of running his opposition off the road. And I know where you're coming from. Watching Kanaan block most of the Indycar field at Infineon Raceway to protect Franchitti who had major wing damage had me furious. That blocking saved Franchitti the championship from Dixon. Third place with a munted wing FFS.

I doubt Toll will block this year somehow, both drivers have bloody good chances at the championship. Personally I want Tander or Whincup to win.

Flem274*

123/5
Rat is still a brilliant driver today IMO, and gutsy as hell. After having a major at the same circuit a year back he comes back and has to drive into the chase at 297 km/h with hardly any brake pedal. Guts. But it has been a lost career as far as V8s are concerned. But he still had a few podiums and round wins and not a lot of drivers can say that.

What do you mean F1 is not competitive anymore? The top two teams are very close, and in F1 it is very rare for more than two teams to have good cars capable of winning in any one year.
Yes I know, but they don't even pass each other. Its common to see the top teams have there cars take up the top two because they have such a big advantage over all other teams, never mind their main rival, at that particular track. Formula 1 needs to be evened up IMO. I prefer Indycar and A1GP.