• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3 Simple Things You Need To Know About Skiing

stvalentine

Cricket Spectator
Hi Everybody,

If you've ever started something new for the first time you know it can be a frightening experience. This is especially true in trying something that has the risk of injury involved. The information here should ease your anxieties about getting started if you are just beginning skiing.

1- you need some equipment. Your equipment should be comfortable and suit your skill level.

2- Clothing is another option that you want to consider when going skiing. It's recommended that you dress in layers with the lowest layer having a fabric that will draw moisture away from your body. This will keep you warm and dry.

3- figure out when and where you plan to ski.

It can be scary when you first learn to ski but if you have the right equipment, a great place to ski, and a professional instructor you can have a great skiing experience.

Waiting for comments

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's all just common sense.

Pray tell me, how can I become a better skiier? I can perform the wedge and wedge-christie rather admirably, but lack confidence on the steeper slopes and generally look like ****.

stvalentine

Cricket Spectator
become better skier

turns, stops, jumps. You'll never be able to ski better if you can't do any of these. Start by pushing yourself little by little, for example, if you have the tendency to make wide, long turns, push yourself to make shorter quicker turns, this will allow you to be able to ski in smaller areas:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I've always been a firm believer in taking skiing advice from someone living in Egypt...

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's all just common sense.

Pray tell me, how can I become a better skiier? I can perform the wedge and wedge-christie rather admirably, but lack confidence on the steeper slopes and generally look like ****.
Remember, speed is your friend! :happy:

I have one question...why do we have a snowboarder in your picture when we're talking about skiing?

I'd suggest pushing yourself slightly further each time you go out...you're not going to go from intermediate level to an advanced slope without building up to it, otherwise you'll ruin your ski pants. It might be an idea to hit one of the slopes you're comfortable on and push yourself to go as fast as you can (or at least get faster and faster), then go on to the next run and so on. I guess it depends on how much time you've got really. I worked a season in the snow and went from beginner's slopes at the start to a few advanced runs at the end. Mind you, I was there for 4 months and skiied nearly every day for at least an hour or two.

stvalentine

Cricket Spectator
Nice glimpse "Coco" but what you don't know is that i adore snowboarding as well as skiing, and since they are both related to each others "White&Cold&interesting", i promise to prepare a topic about snowboarding ASAP. :happy:

Last edited by a moderator:

pasag

RTDAS
Interesting spamming attempt, will leave the thread open so people can still discuss skiing but anymore advertising and you're gone.