Thread: 3 Simple Things You Need To Know About Skiing

Cricket Spectator

3 Simple Things You Need To Know About Skiing

Hi Everybody,

If you've ever started something new for the first time you know it can be a frightening experience. This is especially true in trying something that has the risk of injury involved. The information here should ease your anxieties about getting started if you are just beginning skiing.

1- you need some equipment. Your equipment should be comfortable and suit your skill level.

2- Clothing is another option that you want to consider when going skiing. It's recommended that you dress in layers with the lowest layer having a fabric that will draw moisture away from your body. This will keep you warm and dry.

3- figure out when and where you plan to ski.

It can be scary when you first learn to ski but if you have the right equipment, a great place to ski, and a professional instructor you can have a great skiing experience.

Waiting for comments
    StValentine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    That's all just common sense.

Pray tell me, how can I become a better skiier? I can perform the wedge and wedge-christie rather admirably, but lack confidence on the steeper slopes and generally look like ****.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by stvalentine View Post
    3- figure out when and where you plan to ski.
    Indeed. An often underestimated bit of your skiing experience. Tried skiing down Billinge Lump in July once...

Cricket Spectator

Icon7 become better skier

turns, stops, jumps. You'll never be able to ski better if you can't do any of these. Start by pushing yourself little by little, for example, if you have the tendency to make wide, long turns, push yourself to make shorter quicker turns, this will allow you to be able to ski in smaller areas
    Last edited by pasag; 25-11-2007 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Advertising removed

I've always been a firm believer in taking skiing advice from someone living in Egypt...

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    That's all just common sense.

Pray tell me, how can I become a better skiier? I can perform the wedge and wedge-christie rather admirably, but lack confidence on the steeper slopes and generally look like ****.
    Remember, speed is your friend!

I have one question...why do we have a snowboarder in your picture when we're talking about skiing?

I'd suggest pushing yourself slightly further each time you go out...you're not going to go from intermediate level to an advanced slope without building up to it, otherwise you'll ruin your ski pants. It might be an idea to hit one of the slopes you're comfortable on and push yourself to go as fast as you can (or at least get faster and faster), then go on to the next run and so on. I guess it depends on how much time you've got really. I worked a season in the snow and went from beginner's slopes at the start to a few advanced runs at the end. Mind you, I was there for 4 months and skiied nearly every day for at least an hour or two.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Cricket Spectator

Icon7

Nice glimpse "Coco" but what you don't know is that i adore snowboarding as well as skiing, and since they are both related to each others "White&Cold&interesting", i promise to prepare a topic about snowboarding ASAP.
    Last edited by pasag; 25-11-2007 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Advertising removed

Interesting spamming attempt, will leave the thread open so people can still discuss skiing but anymore advertising and you're gone.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Thread Information