• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Champions League 2007/08

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Honestly, as passionate fans of the sport, you guys must surely be disgusted by seeing that?

The sport already has a reputation for that kind of behaviour, and thats now being shown on the screens worldwide.

I'm a casual soccer (football for you pedantics) fan, but that's just embarassing. Downright embarassing.
Effing disgrace, but until there's a genuine clampdown on amateur thespians like Dida players will keep on simulating because it works. On the occasions that it doesn't there's a worthwhile risk-to-reward ratio too; a player might potentially win a match-turning penalty against a (largely meaningless) yellow card.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
2 game ban for Dida; fine for Celtic

From The Guardian.

Pleasantly surprised to see Dida's appalling theatrics cost him game time. Hopefully UEFA will now start to take a harder line on all simulation.

Token slap on the wrist for Celtic, which again is refreshing. I imagine their fans' previous good behaviour in Europe has been taken into account.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
AWTA

Like you said hopefully UEFA and all other football accosiations will clamp down harder on these kinda acts.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
no me neither, very surprising, mind you....its not the most rigid of punishments tbh, UEFA were pretty lenient with the punishment imo, mind you i'm surprised they actually punished him at all.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
he deserved it. he is a goose. 2 games yer could have been a little more but hey its better than nothing. as we all said, thought nothing was going to happen.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
just thought that if they were going to punish him at all, they may as well have made it a decent punishment, this strikes me as a bit of a kop out.