• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nfl 2007

Swervy

International Captain
New season coming up.

I havent really been following the to-ings and fro-ings this off season.
Randy Moss to the Pats
Vick in the dog house

My Vikings: 8-8 this year

My tip: The Chargers

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
NFC: Saints
AFC: Chargers

My team(s): Gaints 9-7
Browns 5-11

Dark Horse: Bengals

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Haha, how the hell did you start supporting the Vikings? Dire.

Almost as bad as the Giants. Which IMO is the worst team to support in Football. At least with Arizona (Warning: May contain a football like substance) Cardinals, you can have fun relishing in their ineptitude.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Here are my awesome predictions, guaranteed to be right. :ph34r:

AFC Playoff Seeding:

1. Colts (AFC South winner, Bye)
  2. Pats (AFC East winner, Bye)
  3. Chargers (AFC West winner)
  4. Steelers (AFC North Winner)
  5. Ravens (Wildcard)
  6. Broncos (Wildcard)

NFC Playoff Seeding:

1. Bears (NFC North winner, Bye)
  2. Eagles (NFC East winner, Bye)
  3. Seahawks (NFC West winner)
  4. Saints (NFC South Winner)
  5. Cowboys (Wildcard)
  6. Rams (Wildcard)

AFC Wildcard Round
Chargers vs. Broncos
Winner: Chargers

Steelers vs. Ravens
Winner: Steelers

AFC Divisional Round:
Colts vs. Steelers
Winner: Colts

Chargers vs. Patriots

AFC Championship:
Chargers vs. Colts

NFC Wildcard Round
Seahawks vs. Rams
Winner: Seahawks

Saints vs. Cowboys
Winner: Saints

NFC Divisional Round
Bears vs. Saints
Winner: Saints

Eagles vs. Seahawks
Winner: Eagles

NFC Championship
Eagles vs. Saints
Winner: Eagles

Superbowl

Eagles vs. Chargers

I'll come back to this at the end of the season and see how many I got right. Should be 100% tbh.

Swervy

International Captain
Haha, how the hell did you start supporting the Vikings? Dire.

Almost as bad as the Giants. Which IMO is the worst team to support in Football. At least with Arizona (Warning: May contain a football like substance) Cardinals, you can have fun relishing in their ineptitude.
How did I start supporting the Vikings?

It was back in 1986, all my mates were into the sport,and I got carried along really. First game I ever properly watched was Jets vs Dolphins in 86 when the Jets won 51-45 in OT, and I was hooked...but there was something about the Vikes that I liked, having read a bit about the history of the game etc. The 'always the brides maid' feeling about them appealed, and then I watched the Vikes demolish the then Champion Bears 20-7 and that was that. Since then I have seen the Vikes have incredible D's, record breaking offenses, legendary players, etc, but still the last 21 years have just been about frustration (never more so than 1998).
I love the rivalry with the Packers and Bears and all that.

there is just no way on earth I could ever consider stopping supporting the Vikings. Every year though I ask myself the question, why do I put myself through it each season? But each season I get an incredibly strong emotional attachment to the team that I cannot do anything about it. Unless the Vikes are on Sky TV live, I always listen to the Vikes games on the radio, and these days I tend to be quite depressed on Mondays from sept through to December...and its normally a relief when we dont get to the playoffs, coz then I can start actually enjoying the game itself without the worry:)

Swervy

International Captain
Here are my awesome predictions, guaranteed to be right. :ph34r:

AFC Playoff Seeding:

1. Colts (AFC South winner, Bye)
  2. Pats (AFC East winner, Bye)
  3. Chargers (AFC West winner)
  4. Steelers (AFC North Winner)
  5. Ravens (Wildcard)
  6. Broncos (Wildcard)

NFC Playoff Seeding:

1. Bears (NFC North winner, Bye)
  2. Eagles (NFC East winner, Bye)
  3. Seahawks (NFC West winner)
  4. Saints (NFC South Winner)
  5. Cowboys (Wildcard)
  6. Rams (Wildcard)

[

So pretty much like last season then? (apart from Steelers and Rams)

If the Rams get there I will totally give up hope.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
My Vikings: 8-8 this year

My tip: The Chargers

Steelers - 10-6, make it to the playoffs AFC North Champs, lose to Indy in the AFC championship game. Chargers are over rated, they aren't going anywhere this year as well.

My Champs prediction Colts over Cowboys.

Swervy

International Captain
nfc- dallas
afc- new england

my team- Rams 9-7

dark horse- Titans
I think the Titans were a lot of peoples pick after the last season, but I think a) they were about as lucky as a team could ever get last season b) they seem to have lost a lot of personel in the offseason. Backwards step for the Titans this year, in my humble opinion

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Anyone know how you can watch this in NZ? I've got Sky, anyone know if the NFL will be on ESPN or Sky Sports?

Last edited:

Fusion

Global Moderator
Cleveland Browns ftw (i hear they're dire?)
They've got a nice young QB in Brady Quinn. Had a nice preseason. You can thank my team, the Dallas Cowboys, for that. They traded their draft pick to the Browns, allowing them to draft Quinn. Of course, the Browns paid a hefty price for the trade. The Cowboys hold the Browns' number one draft pick for next year. So I have a vested interest in the Browns performing badly! :cool:

Fusion

Global Moderator
My Champs prediction Colts over Cowboys.
nfc- dallas
afc- new england
Liking these picks! :D

I believe, just like last year, the NFC is wide open for the taking. Any number of teams (Eagles, Bears, Cowboys, Saints, Seahawks) can win the NFC. It will depend on who stays healthy and catches a few lucky bounces here and there. As for the Cowboys, I obviously have high hopes. The defense should be an improvement under Wade Phillips. He should be able to utilize the best out of the 3-4 system (meaning be more freaking aggressive than Parcels was). However, there are major concerns as well. Starting with the secondary, which regularly got torched in the second half last year. I want Phillips to run a more aggressive defense, but I may not like what I wished for if those blitzes fail and go for touchdowns! Romo is the prominent question on offense. Was last year just a flash in the pan? Or is he the real deal? He will define the future of this franchise. I don't like the fact that he has a weak offensive line protecting him. However, he also has the best receiver corps in the NFC at his disposal in Owens, Glenn, Watkins, and the Pro Bowl tight-end Witten. So let's just say I'm cautiously optimistic.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They've got a nice young QB in Brady Quinn. Had a nice preseason. You can thank my team, the Dallas Cowboys, for that. They traded their draft pick to the Browns, allowing them to draft Quinn. Of course, the Browns paid a hefty price for the trade. The Cowboys hold the Browns' number one draft pick for next year. So I have a vested interest in the Browns performing badly! :cool:
Haha, draft picks ftw, so i'd assume they really are dire if they're looking at getting a high draft pick? IIRC they have the lowest team rating on Madden 06 :cool:

Fusion

Global Moderator
Haha, draft picks ftw, so i'd assume they really are dire if they're looking at getting a high draft pick? IIRC they have the lowest team rating on Madden 06 :cool:
Anytime you have a rookie QB starting for you, it is understood that the team's goal is probably not the Superbowl. Heck, the team would be ecstatic just to have a winning season. Most rookie QB's have a rough time. They have to adjust to the Pro level, learn new offenses, assert themselves etc. So generally speaking, the first year is the toughest for a QB. Since the QB is the most important position in the game, the team would generally not have a good season if the QB struggles. We may be surprised, but I think the Dallas Cowboys are looking at a top 10 draft pick (if not top 5) next year courtesy of the Browns. But starting a rookie QB is not necessarily a bad thing. You have to give him experience sometime. Might as well be the first year IMO. If the player is good (and I believe Quinn is), it will pay off in the near future.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Anytime you have a rookie QB starting for you, it is understood that the team's goal is probably not the Superbowl. Heck, the team would be ecstatic just to have a winning season. Most rookie QB's have a rough time. They have to adjust to the Pro level, learn new offenses, assert themselves etc. So generally speaking, the first year is the toughest for a QB. Since the QB is the most important position in the game, the team would generally not have a good season if the QB struggles. We may be surprised, but I think the Dallas Cowboys are looking at a top 10 draft pick (if not top 5) next year courtesy of the Browns. But starting a rookie QB is not necessarily a bad thing. You have to give him experience sometime. Might as well be the first year IMO. If the player is good (and I believe Quinn is), it will pay off in the near future.
Agree that having a rookie QB isn't your best chance to reach superbowl but it depends how ready the quarterback is, what kind of system he is going to play in and how good rest of the team is. Some of the college QBs in the last few years have been pretty good (e.g. Lienart, Roethlisberger) and ready for Professional football from day 1 and Brady Quinn (IMO) is as ready as anyone of them. I watched him in the pre-season and he looked ready as well. Now its upto the coaches and rest of the team to help him. Browns are aobviously not going to the playoffs but they should do well with Quinn as their QB.

With Ben Roethlisberger Steelers went 15-1 in the rookie season and Superbowl in the second season. Not saying he was the best QB, but he was NFL ready and fit in the Steelers system perfectly.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Agree that having a rookie QB isn't your best chance to reach superbowl but it depends how ready the quarterback is, what kind of system he is going to play in and how good rest of the team is. Some of the college QBs in the last few years have been pretty good (e.g. Lienart, Roethlisberger) and ready for Professional football from day 1 and Brady Quinn (IMO) is as ready as anyone of them. I watched him in the pre-season and he looked ready as well. Now its upto the coaches and rest of the team to help him. Browns are aobviously not going to the playoffs but they should do well with Quinn as their QB.

With Ben Roethlisberger Steelers went 15-1 in the rookie season and Superbowl in the second season. Not saying he was the best QB, but he was NFL ready and fit in the Steelers system perfectly.
Oh definitely. Like I said, "generally" rookie QB's will struggle. Troy Aikman, hall of fame Dallas QB and the most successful QB of the '90's, had a 1-15 rookie season. He went to a good college, and had future NFL coaches that taught him at the college level. I think he was as prepared for the NFL as anyone, but yet he still struggled. That's because Dallas was rebuilding and had a young team with a new coaching staff. Take all of that, and Aikman's inexperience, and you got a 1-15 season. However, if you have a team that is well settled and a strong coaching staff, like Pittsburgh, then the results can be different. I think Brady Quinn will be a fine QB in this league. However, the Browns are not as talented as Pittsburgh was in Ben's rookie year. Therefore, I would be shocked if the Browns had a winning season this year.

Dravid

International Captain
Lets go I got marvin harrison on my fantasy team and he picks up the 30 yrd touch down catch by manning