• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nfl 2007

Fusion

Global Moderator
Yeah the dispute between NFL network and cable companies sucks. The nfl at fault IMO. Don't they earn billions from TV deals anyway? So lower your cost to sell it to cable for God's sake!

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Stayed up till 2 to watch a bit of this one last night. Looks like I missed most of the action. Favre injured :o could be back for the next game according to nfl.com. Dont know all that much about football yet but I understand Green Bay were missing some key defence players. Will make the playoffs interesting now.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Hah !! Patriots are real champs. I mean how can you not praise them after what they did today.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
You still holding out hopes of an upset next Sunday? :)
More than I did before, mainly becuase Patriots suddenly look beatable, esp their defense. Steelers have not played a good game since the MNF against Ravens and I hope that they put up a show on Sunday. :)

But man one has to give it to Brady, Give the man ball in last 3- 6 minutes and he will not only win the game by scoring and but also by his solid clock management.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Cowboys win a thriller at Detroit! Actually quite lucky to escape with a win. This game illustrates why the Cowboys are the class of the NFC, and the 2nd best team in the NFL. In the end, with the game on the line, they can rely on Tony Romo to win the game for them. Cowboys win the NFC East and clinch a first round bye with the win.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Watching the Pats/Patriots game right now. Looks like it's going to be a shoot-out. Moss has already scored twice and Pit just scored to make it 14-10. Should be a goon one! :)

ash chaulk

International Captain
Cowboys win a thriller at Detroit! Actually quite lucky to escape with a win. This game illustrates why the Cowboys are the class of the NFC, and the 2nd best team in the NFL. In the end, with the game on the line, they can rely on Tony Romo to win the game for them. Cowboys win the NFC East and clinch a first round bye with the win.
can you rely on romo in field goal situations?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Patriots win easily our defense didn't show up and gave up two easy TDs. Also national media and CBS commentators kept on harping about the gaurantee thing that Anthony smith had made. I was listening to the radio show and it was nothing like that was being presented.

Anyways, I still feel that our QB played pretty well in the game and so did our RB, rest of the team didn't show much and hence an easy loss.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Michael Vick is going to jail for 2 years and probably suspended for another year by NFL. So his career as a football player is almost over. As a huge fan of Michael Vick the football player I am very dissappointed.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Michael Vick is going to jail for 2 years and probably suspended for another year by NFL. So his career as a football player is almost over. As a huge fan of Michael Vick the football player I am very dissappointed.
There will be a way back for him after he has done his time. There are always desperate teams and he will be available at a discount rate. His prison time will be no longer than what Garrison Hearst spent out with his terrible injury and he came back strong. As did Maddox after his time outside the NFL stacking shelves or whatever it was he was doing

Unlike you Im glad a player of this type has gone from the league. A QB without the primary skillset to be a good QB. Innaccurate and required a simplified play book.

Teams that draft guys like Vick and Vince Young get what they deserve. Ie a lack of producion from the QB position. If you are being paid millions to do your job you should at least know what is needed to be a good QB.

If you want a runner, make sure its their secondary skill. Being able to scramble is a plus but it is no where near as important as being able to read coverages and get the ball where it is supposed to go. Take Steve Young, great athleticism but one of the most accurate passers in NFL history. If he was as swift as Marino he still would have been a good QB as he had the needed primary skills.

Anyway, great wins by the Pats and Indy. Both looks strong. The toss happy Pats offence was amazing.

For those that thought you had to be tough to play in the NFL, the Raiders dropped Russell to 3rd string QB as it was too cold for him this week. :@

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Unlike you Im glad a player of this type has gone from the league. A QB without the primary skillset to be a good QB. Innaccurate and required a simplified play book.

Teams that draft guys like Vick and Vince Young get what they deserve. Ie a lack of producion from the QB position. If you are being paid millions to do your job you should at least know what is needed to be a good QB.

If you want a runner, make sure its their secondary skill. Being able to scramble is a plus but it is no where near as important as being able to read coverages and get the ball where it is supposed to go. Take Steve Young, great athleticism but one of the most accurate passers in NFL history. If he was as swift as Marino he still would have been a good QB as he had the needed primary skills.

Anyway, great wins by the Pats and Indy. Both looks strong. The toss happy Pats offence was amazing.

For those that thought you had to be tough to play in the NFL, the Raiders dropped Russell to 3rd string QB as it was too cold for him this week. :@
Michael Vick took Atlanta Falcons to two Conf. championships and in both the games they were beaten by Eagles who had a QB with similar skill sets. Vince Young is a winner and I will take him over Lienart, Brady Quinn, Eli Manning, Phillip Rivers, Tim Couch etc anyday.

Besides Vick was as exciting player as they came, as an athlete, I used to look forward to Falcons games every sunday.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Michael Vick took Atlanta Falcons to two Conf. championships and in both the games they were beaten by Eagles who had a QB with similar skill sets. Vince Young is a winner and I will take him over Lienart, Brady Quinn, Eli Manning, Phillip Rivers, Tim Couch etc anyday.

Besides Vick was as exciting player as they came, as an athlete, I used to look forward to Falcons games every sunday.
No doubt he was exciting, he just wasnt very good at his job. And he didnt take them to 2 Conf Champs. It was 1.

Cant really compare him to McNabb either. McNabb could run but has always been a far better passer than Vick, even though he himself isnt top draw.

Vick has a career completion %age of 53.8. That is awful. Its worse than that of Alex Smith. Yes, that Alex Smith that plays for one of the worst teams in football, is still getting to grips with the NFL and has shown no ability to thow the ball.

Vick has one of the lowest completion %ages in modern football of an experienced player. The only reason his interceptions are not massively high is that he doesnt throw a catchable ball. It either over and out of the side of the field or nowhere near a reciever and his defender.

Vick has been a bad QB in the NFL.

Again, I agree with exciting but a poor investment. No reciever works hard when they know they will not get the ball and why invest in quality wide-outs when their talent will be wasted.

As for Vince Young, good luck with that. I didnt have him high on my draft board. Again a very good athlete that was able to make plays in College but too many of his thows were checkdowns and little dinks and I didnt see NFL readyness in the way he broke a coverage down and made the tough throws. He will really struggle in the NFL where everyone is a top athlete.

This is all why there is nothing wrong with June Jones saying Brennan is a better NFL prospect than Tebow. I havent seen Brennan much so I cant personally say but his style of offense and the throws he is asked to make lead him to be more NFL ready than Tebow.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Just done my Pro bowl ballot. Very difficult.

Hard to make choices and tbf not all the players are household names. Just hope I didnt leave someone off that should be there as when it comes to tackles and nose guards its pretty much impossible to have a good assessment of even half the players mentioned.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
No doubt he was exciting, he just wasnt very good at his job. And he didnt take them to 2 Conf Champs. It was 1.

Cant really compare him to McNabb either. McNabb could run but has always been a far better passer than Vick, even though he himself isnt top draw.

Vick has a career completion %age of 53.8. That is awful. Its worse than that of Alex Smith. Yes, that Alex Smith that plays for one of the worst teams in football, is still getting to grips with the NFL and has shown no ability to thow the ball.

Vick has one of the lowest completion %ages in modern football of an experienced player. The only reason his interceptions are not massively high is that he doesnt throw a catchable ball. It either over and out of the side of the field or nowhere near a reciever and his defender.

Vick has been a bad QB in the NFL.

Again, I agree with exciting but a poor investment. No reciever works hard when they know they will not get the ball and why invest in quality wide-outs when their talent will be wasted.
Complettion % means so little to me when it comes to evaluating a QB's performance.John Elway's Complettion % in the first 5-6 seasons wasn't much better than what Vick has(Not trying to compare them, just making a point). Steve Mcnair, Chad Pennington, JP Losman (who ?) etc have a Complettion % in 60s this season and all have been very poor. Mcnabb did well when he could run, He isn't much of a QB otherwise. What Vick lacked as a QB he made up with his running ability. He is definately not a Peyton manning and Brady but because of physical ability as a player and as a QB I will take him any day over the likes of Eli Manning, Phillip Rivers, Matt Lienart etc. Is he a bad investment, no not really. Reggie Bush is a bad investment, Matt Lienart is a poor investment so are ELi, Rivers, Couch and several other pure passers.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Also as an NFL fan, my primary purpose is to get entertained. I couldn't care less about the investments made by Arthur Blank or Atlanta Falcons. With Vick playing on Sundays, Entertainment was almost a gaurantee, unfortunately same can not be said about Joey Harrington who happens to have a Complettion % much better than Vick's.

Young is another good talent, not as gifted as Vick in physical ability, but good. Haven't watched much of him since BCS game but he sure is an exciting talent, much more than Reggie bush, Brady Quinn and Matt Lienart.

Last edited: