• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nfl 2007

archie mac

International Coach
I was just wondering are most of the quarter backs in the NFL white?

Not wanting to make, trouble just noticed they seem to be mostly white, is there a reason or just coincidence?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member

Not wanting to make, trouble just noticed they seem to be mostly white, is there a reason or just coincidence?
They are mostly White. There are a number of secondary reasons why, but the primary reason being the majority of the US population is White and it reflects demographics.

Fusion

Global Moderator

I think this is a complex answer. The QB position is considered the most important in the team. It's therefore also the most high profiled. IMO when football started to become a rage in the US (in the '60's), it would've been unacceptable to have an African-American as your QB. The face of the team couldn't be black (for the most part, though there are always exceptions). Therefore most black athletes gravitated to other positions instead of QB. I think past precedent has been hard to break. Most black athletes grew up idolizing heroes that played the WR, RB, CB etc positions so they also tried out for those positions. The trend is slowly starting to unravel and we're now seeing more and more black athletes paying the QB position.

archie mac

International Coach
They are mostly White. There are a number of secondary reasons why, but the primary reason being the majority of the US population is White and it reflects demographics.
Yes I know, but in basketball the best players are mostly black?:unsure:

I think this is a complex answer. The QB position is considered the most important in the team. It's therefore also the most high profiled. IMO when football started to become a rage in the US (in the '60's), it would've been unacceptable to have an African-American as your QB. The face of the team couldn't be black (for the most part, though there are always exceptions). Therefore most black athletes gravitated to other positions instead of QB. I think past precedent has been hard to break. Most black athletes grew up idolizing heroes that played the WR, RB, CB etc positions so they also tried out for those positions. The trend is slowly starting to unravel and we're now seeing more and more black athletes paying the QB position.
Ok fair enough, I thought there must have been a reason and that seems to make sense:)

Fusion

Global Moderator
Wow, greatest upset of all time? I think so. Much props to Eli and the Giants. They pulled off the imposible. I dislike the Pats more than any other team so I was cheering for the Giants. I'm happy at the moment.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As a big fan of US sports I'm just glad that someone put a stop to this Boston Sport circlejerk that's been going on recently. Congrats Giants and especially Eli. How proud must Archie be now? :cool:

Now all we need is for the Pistons or one of the West (Lakers, Spurs or anyone really) to put a beat down on the Celtics and all will be cool again.

Fusion

Global Moderator
As a big fan of US sports I'm just glad that someone put a stop to this Boston Sport circlejerk that's been going on recently. Congrats Giants and especially Eli. How proud must Archie be now? :cool:

Now all we need is for the Pistons or one of the West (Lakers, Spurs or anyone really) to put a beat down on the Celtics and all will be cool again.
Don't worry, the Celtics are over-rated. They'll be found out in the playoffs. :) By the way, I totally agree with you about the whole Boston sport jerkiness. I started to dislike their teams because of the arrogance and the extreme superlatives the Boston media and fans throw around for their teams. The Celtics were the greatest ever. The Red Sox were the greatest ever. The Pats are the greatest ever. Greatest ever? You weren’t even the best team on Sunday!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Don't worry, the Celtics are over-rated. They'll be found out in the playoffs. :) By the way, I totally agree with you about the whole Boston sport jerkiness. I started to dislike their teams because of the arrogance and the extreme superlatives the Boston media and fans throw around for their teams. The Celtics were the greatest ever. The Red Sox were the greatest ever. The Pats are the greatest ever. Greatest ever? You weren’t even the best team on Sunday!
Even the Greatest teams lost games on Sundays and Patriots are no exception. I am not qualified enough to make judgement on who is/isn't the greatest team ever, but there is no denying the fact that Patriots are a great team and perhaps one of the best teams of all time,So are the Celtics of 80s.

That said, I was rooting for the Giants mainly because of all the Media and Patriot Fans treating Giants as ****.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I only watched the first half, but the Giants were playing better football than the Pats in that time.