• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FootBall Manager 2008!

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Finished the Demo with Shef Wed and whilst it was certainly hard, I think I worked out tactics that suit. Was 7th on Jan 3rd when demo finished.

Cant wait to get the full version

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Don't know if i'll be buying this tbh. From what i've heard its simply a glorified update of 07, with little improvements actually made where it was needed. It does seem like that too. I mean, where are the big improvements, or the big new features? Theres some nice new gimmicky stuff, sure. Transfer centre, fan days, etc. But to me, that just sounds like a Fifa kind of improvement. Where's the improved Transfer system? Set piece editor? Something to make it worthwhile buying.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
got my copy yesterday and played it for most of last evening...pretty impressive so far, nicely touched up the rough edges and seems to be a very polished product. The new skin is a bit strange....but i wouldnt say its terrible. New features are nice and handy without being groundbreaking.....

Started a new game with Man City, thinking that i'd try a nice easyish team, only one signing of note (Claudio Maldonado) to bolster the midfield, first game was a 2-0 home win over Derby, but then lost in the last minute away at Sunderland and then again at home to Arsenal, then a 2-2 draw away at Everton, leaving me in 11th after 4 games. One thing that I find bit strange is the amount of control you have over the budget....it seems that if you arent happy with your amount of transfer funds you can simply allocate all of your clubs balance into the transfer stash!!...not sure how realistic that is....

also where the new fan feedback is nice....it seems to me that unless you win the fans are unhappy with the result, for instance in my 2-2 away draw with Everton the fans said they were unhappy with the result....hmmm

barring that looks great, will look forward to playing again tonight or tomorrow.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
got my copy yesterday and played it for most of last evening...pretty impressive so far, nicely touched up the rough edges and seems to be a very polished product. The new skin is a bit strange....but i wouldnt say its terrible. New features are nice and handy without being groundbreaking.....

Started a new game with Man City, thinking that i'd try a nice easyish team, only one signing of note (Claudio Maldonado) to bolster the midfield, first game was a 2-0 home win over Derby, but then lost in the last minute away at Sunderland and then again at home to Arsenal, then a 2-2 draw away at Everton, leaving me in 11th after 4 games. One thing that I find bit strange is the amount of control you have over the budget....it seems that if you arent happy with your amount of transfer funds you can simply allocate all of your clubs balance into the transfer stash!!...not sure how realistic that is....

also where the new fan feedback is nice....it seems to me that unless you win the fans are unhappy with the result, for instance in my 2-2 away draw with Everton the fans said they were unhappy with the result....hmmm

barring that looks great, will look forward to playing again tonight or tomorrow.
cool but i hate ya, lol cause you have it and i have to wait till thursday!

simmy

International Regular
Ive got it...

Liverpool first season...

Torres has broken his leg....

Simmy is not happy....

England lose the rugby....

Simmy is not happy....

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ive got it...

Liverpool first season...

Torres has broken his leg....

Simmy is not happy....

England lose the rugby....

Simmy is not happy....
oh bugger

hey can i have a screen shot of liverpools side and reserves. any thing you should let me in on :P

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
although i'm loving the game i must say that even though i'm playing the game with a fairly easy team (man city) the game is very very easy at times it would seem....i mean i've made one signing, and i'm 2nd in the league, after 25 games, lost twice, and just beaten man utd 3-0 at old trafford.....still enjoy the game, just wish it wasnt quite as easy as it seems at the moment.

simmy

International Regular
oh bugger

hey can i have a screen shot of liverpools side and reserves. any thing you should let me in on :P
Screenshot is useless now as I'm in the second season. THey are the perfect side imo

Good base but need improvements all over really.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Screenshot is useless now as I'm in the second season. THey are the perfect side imo

Good base but need improvements all over really.
oh ok cool, 2nd season all ready how did you finish up season 1. i will be going straight into the liverpool squad and trying to dominate definately.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i got it.....woohooo just installing and loading up the game......oh so happy but really tiured and have to work tomorrow and all weekend....:(

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
just started my game, started with yes you know who....liverpool. played 2 friendlies and won them convincingly, and have picked up young vincent kompany for a small fee, so looking to really get into this over the next few weeks!.

still updating all my kits and logos but looks the goods!

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
anyone got the patch for it yet? massive improvement but there are still some major bugs that need to be worked out for the next time round, fortunately none of these make the game completely unplayable but they are pretty annoying, still enjoying my game as ipswich mind.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
depends how much a fan of teh series you are, if you are quite into it then yeah by all means go and buy it and you wont regret it, if you feel you could be happy playing on FM07 then continue to do so and probably wont have many regrets, worth it if you want it enough i suppose..

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
haha cool, got to say I love it, just wish I had more time to play it, agree with quicker and easier to use, but generally find it harder to suceed at?

you got a decent game going sriram?

Agent TBY

International Captain
Yeah, started with Citeh, just to get a decent footing in the game before delving into a hardcore LLM-rules game, but gotta say I'm finding it hard to put that save down.

Agree with the harder game sentiment, though it really is challenging, and fun at the same time, to play with the various combinations and permutations for every opponent.

It's no longer the game where if you find a perfect tactic for the kind of team you have, you're set until said tactic is cracked. That really has changed the entire outlook of the game, which is why I'm still enjoying myself playing with a Premiership club, which was almost akin to blasphemy on previous versions.