• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NBA 07-08 season thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
It's still all on T-Mac and Yao to prove they're not big game chokers. Ron will help them as he's the best SF defensively in the league but Yao and Tracy will still be ones with the ball in their hands in the big moments come playoff time.
well yeah, but artest is a 20 pt scorer and you just can't discount the value of such a 3rd scoring option, in addition he is one the best defenders in the league so he saves a few at the defensive end every night as well...they have the stars now...but adelman is nothing great as a coach though so it remains to be seen how he handles them, also artest needs to keep his volatility under wraps so it's a wait and see situation but this team is potentially a contender...

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well that's the thing, I don't think he's going to be starting any brawls or riots again but he wasn't happy being second option to Kevin Martin against Sacramento and I've heard him say things like if it's not his team he's not as motivated. That would be my concern with him.

That said, this being his contract year is a big opportunity for him to earn one final bumper contract, hope he puts in for that, he's fantastic to watch when playing well.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In other big news Josh Childress leaving the NBA and getting big money to go to Greek champions Olympiakos. Crazy, best young American to ever leave the NBA and sign for a Euroleague team?

A few other guys have left like Delfino and Ben Gordon looking to Europe according to Wilbon on ESPN? Interesting times, will definitely watch more Euroleague next year.