• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NFL Fantasy League

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I want to start up a NFL fantasy for CW. We can play for something, like avatar or sig rights (or maybe just bragging rights).

Anyone interested?

Interested in two things: one a pickem league where you pick the winners against the spread, and another is your normal fantasy league. We can do one or both.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah i'll give it a go, i have a limited knowledge of the NFL thanks to Madden 06 (H)

Which of the 2 formats would be easier for those who know basically nothing about the sport???

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah i'll give it a go, i have a limited knowledge of the NFL thanks to Madden 06 (H)

Which of the 2 formats would be easier for those who know basically nothing about the sport???
If you have limited knowledge, let me give you a piece of advice. Dont back the Falcons for the playoffs :p

Johnners

hahaha, tbh i knew that already, iirc they had one of the lowest team ratings on Madden :p, but not nearly as bad as Cleveland....

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
hahaha, tbh i knew that already, iirc they had one of the lowest team ratings on Madden :p, but not nearly as bad as Cleveland....
More to do with Vick the QB having a good chance of a) being cut or b) going to jail for running a dog fighting ring at his house.

But yeah, even without him they may still be better than the Browns :)

Johnners

More to do with Vick the QB having a good chance of a) being cut or b) going to jail for running a dog fighting ring at his house.

But yeah, even without him they may still be better than the Browns :)
Haha, so i take it this Vick fellow doesn't have all the cookies in his Jar?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, so i take it this Vick fellow doesn't have all the cookies in his Jar?
Vick was classed as a future superstar when he came out of college. He could run like the wind (the fastest ever quaterback) and had a cannon for an arm. However those are skills that excite people rather than make you productive and he struggled to hit the proverbial barndoor with his lousy accuracy.

Part of the story about the dogfighting (The PETA View)

http://www.sltrib.com/opinion/ci_6446468

The sad thing is that his younger brother is an even bigger idiot than him

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Vick is a terrible quaterback. He is exciting to those who know nothing about the sport, but he can't win you championships against good defenses.

Think Shahid Afridi of the NFL. Except they gave him a $37 million signing bonus. And he might go to jail for participating in an illegal dog-fighting ring.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
OK, well I'll set up both types of leagues, and those who want to join whichever can join that one. Also, if you know anyone interested, let them know too. I would like about 8 people at least, or it won't be all that much fun.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
To join the fantasy football league:

League ID: 249312
League PW: dire

Goto http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/, sign up, and 'Join Custom League'. League name is '99.94'.

Feel free to give this information out to whoever. I've set the live draft to be on August 25th at 11pm EST. Since this is an international forum, I doubt everyone will make it, but live drafts are one of the coolest things imagine and you definitely want to attend if you can. If you can't, rank your players in advance, and you'll get the best player thats available based on your rankings (Yahoo! ranks them by default, which are pretty good so you may not want to mess with it, or you can go to ESPN and other web sites, who all rank players their way).

Any questions, post here :).

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Vick is a terrible quaterback. He is exciting to those who know nothing about the sport, but he can't win you championships against good defenses.

Think Shahid Afridi of the NFL. Except they gave him a $37 million signing bonus.
I am a big fan of Vick and he indeed was an exciting talent and I do know something about the sport. He can play against good defense too. Last year he shredded Pittsburgh defense with his passing and we dont need to argue the pitt defense, do we ?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I am a big fan of Vick and he indeed was an exciting talent and I do know something about the sport. He can play against good defense too. Last year he shredded Pittsburgh defense with his passing and we dont need to argue the pitt defense, do we ?
Yea, we do. He did well against the Pitt defense because, you guessed it, he acted like a normal quater back and threw the ball. And guess what, he still only had 232 yards passing. Excuse me if three 200+ yard passing games in 16 games fails to impress me.

The guy is a terrible quarterback. Running quarterbacks have never, nor will ever, win a super bowl. The best example of running quarterbacks have been John Elway and Steve Young, and both of them were mobile quarterbacks, who could move around the pocket and find receivers down the field. They weren't runners like Vick. Not only will you get totally killed running like he does, it's not good for your offense. It's much better to complete a pass for 15 yards down the field than to run for five and get demolished by a 250 pound linebacker at the end..

Also, if you're interested sign up...we definitely need more people.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Yea, we do. He did well against the Pitt defense because, you guessed it, he acted like a normal quater back and threw the ball. And guess what, he still only had 232 yards passing. Excuse me if three 200+ yard passing games in 16 games fails to impress me.
But he did throw the ball, doesn't mean he cant do it. He also did well against Carolina, Washington and TampaBay all teams with good defense.

The guy is a terrible quarterback. Running quarterbacks have never, nor will ever, win a super bowl. The best example of running quarterbacks have been John Elway and Steve Young, and both of them were mobile quarterbacks, who could move around the pocket and find receivers down the field. They weren't runners like Vick. Not only will you get totally killed running like he does, it's not good for your offense. It's much better to complete a pass for 15 yards down the field than to run for five and get demolished by a 250 pound linebacker at the end..

Also, if you're interested sign up...we definitely need more people.
He is not a terrible quarter back and neither do I think that his career has been failure. I agree he has underschieved and I blame his coach Jim Mora for that. It's the Coach's responsibility to design plays. Had Vick played under Bill Walsh system (Like Young) or even Mike Martz, he would have been a lot more successful.