• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NFL Fantasy League

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
But he did throw the ball, doesn't mean he cant do it. He also did well against Carolina, Washington and TampaBay all teams with good defense.
But, he can't do it. A good quaterback averages more than 200 yards a game, not just has a couple games above it.

He is not a terrible quarter back and neither do I think that his career has been failure. I agree he has underschieved and I blame his coach Jim Mora for that. It's the Coach's responsibility to design plays. Had Vick played under Bill Walsh system (Like Young) or even Mike Martz, he would have been a lot more successful.
I have to disagree. Vick has a great arm, but he has no accuracy on routes underneath the defense and the touch passes in the short-medium game. Bill Walsh style west coast offense relies on two things, and your quarterback can have a noodle arm but if he has these two things, he can do well: timing, and accuracy. Vick has neither. He can cannon the ball, but its not going to do him any good in the west coast offense as he doesn't have the accuracy for the bread and butter west coast offense passes (i.e delivering the ball on a short pass to a wide receiver in stride so they can get yards after catch).

His completion percentage is well below whats needed for a west coast system, and that doesn't even count the times he chooses to run when scrambling and throwing to a receiver would have been a much better course of action.

By the way, you haven't signed up yet...you should definitely join the fantasy football league.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
If you get really hard up for entrants I'll give it a go, but not my football code at all.
Heh, its just a bit of fun. It's mostly the insults that make a league fun. :p Knowledge is secondary...just don't accept any trades from someone trying to cheat you out of players...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Heh, its just a bit of fun. It's mostly the insults that make a league fun. :p Knowledge is secondary...just don't accept any trades from someone trying to cheat you out of players...
Thing is I know literally nothing about yankball, so wouldn't know if I was being diddled or not. :p

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Steve Young had Jerry Rice, Vick has(or had) Grumbler. Look what Steve Young was before he got to 49ers. As for completion %, Steve Young wasn't much better before he played with 49ers. It was under Bill Walsh that he became the Steve Young Hall of famer.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
By the way, you haven't signed up yet...you should definitely join the fantasy football league.
I just did as 'Steelers'. Lets get some more people to join the league. I guess Fusion, Adharcric, Nightprowler might be interested too.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Well after getting some strange errors, I've finally registered as the Cowboys. Should be fun! :)

Fusion

Global Moderator
Nope, I dont think so. I was able to register a new team about a minute ago. I deleted it.

So try again, if it doesn't work maybe SS can fix it.
Yeah I tried again and it worked. Don't know what the problem was, but it's fixed now.

adharcric

International Coach
Oh dear. Huge football, baseball and basketball fan (far ahead of cricket until the last five years) and I didn't even know about this part of the forum. :-O

Been on a break from FF after several exciting seasons but I think I'll give it a go. SS, do you expect this to be competitive? I hope so.

EDIT: League full. Shot down. :(

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Try again, and that goes for anyone else that wants to join. I've increased the # of teams allowed.

And yes, it should be competitive, maybe we'll play for avatars or something.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yessss, it seems i've drawn Saggers Mob 1st round, lets hope his team is as dire as his AFL DT :p :ph34r:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Who am i up against? and i need some help with this guys.
First thing you need to do is show up for the draft. The time for the draft is changable, so if people prefer another time, I can change it. Showing up is not required as you can pre-rank the players, but it's a lot of fun and it does give you an advantage.

I'll keep the registration open for a while, in case anyone else wants to join, but look at the draft time I've set 'Sat Aug 25 11:00pm EDT' and suggest something different if you prefer.