Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 448492939495 LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1411
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Boxing thread

Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    Having said that, I think Wilder will beat him when/if they eventually meet. I reckon Tyson Fury would cause him serious problems as well.
    there's gonna be some insaaaaane money in those fights.

If I were him I'd forget about the mandatories and just try to fight Wilder and/or Fury. Only big fights from here. If the sanctioning bodies strip you, so be it. I doubt they would though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    "You don't look like me in this world without being firm on what you want to do."

- Hashim Amla.
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveClub View Post
    He bowls with a lot of heart, his heart makes the ball bounce more

First Class Debutant Grasshopper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    there's gonna be some insaaaaane money in those fights.

If I were him I'd forget about the mandatories and just try to fight Wilder and/or Fury. Only big fights from here. If the sanctioning bodies strip you, so be it. I doubt they would though.
    Joshua's spent most of his pro career avoiding Wilder, and I can't imagine he'll be in any hurry now. Unless Wilder's a mandatory challenger? I don't follow boxing that closely any more, so don't really know how these things work nowadays.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Depends how much hunger he has left, may think a mega fight and out will do. You just never know once they made a packet.

Joshua's spent most of his pro career avoiding Wilder, and I can't imagine he'll be in any hurry now. Unless Wilder's a mandatory challenger? I don't follow boxing that closely any more, so don't really know how these things work nowadays.
    I don't think Joshua himself has wanted to avoid Wilder, it's been Hearn and the Matchroom engine wanting to milk the teat as long as possible before any perceived cash out fight. I think after the Ruiz defeat they now know that there's also risk in drawing out these mega fights. The wheels can come off at any time.

I think there'll be an understanding that now is the time.

Well, I hope anyway. They might try and age Wilder a couple more years - he's 34 already.

Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Depends how much hunger he has left, may think a mega fight and out will do. You just never know once they made a packet.
    Who else in the division can he fight? Pulev??? zzzzzz.

Joshua has actually done a better job than Wilder of fighting guys in and around the top 10...there's not really anyone left for him to fight. Maybe he could fight Usyk? I doubt that though. Way too high risk, very little reward, and you don't want to have to go through losing the belts again.

In any case Joshua deserves massive respect for this performance and he proved a lot of us wrong. Really excellent jab. Almost a Klitschko-esque turnaround.

When someone makes those types of changes it's really hard to write him off against anyone, including Wilder and Fury.

First Class Debutant Grasshopper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    Who else in the division can he fight? Pulev??? zzzzzz.

Joshua has actually done a better job than Wilder of fighting guys in and around the top 10...there's not really anyone left for him to fight. Maybe he could fight Usyk? I doubt that though. Way too high risk, very little reward, and you don't want to have to go through losing the belts again.
    Apparently the WBO has ordered Joshua to fight Usyk within the next 180 days or he'll be stripped of his belt.

Apparently the WBO has ordered Joshua to fight Usyk within the next 180 days or he'll be stripped of his belt.
    They'll pull something IMO. Don't get me wrong I think Joshua is a favourite against Usyk given that the latter still hasn't fought a decent heavyweight. But it doesn't stack up in terms of risk/reward IMO.

They'll either figure out another mandatory for one of the belts, drop it, or just try and go straight for Fury/Wilder.

Pleased fury v wilder announced. Bookies have Fury slight fav but for me this is 50/50,,but gun to head will back Wilder,,,that power is absolutely frightening.

Looks like AJ v Pulev,,,zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Usyk v Chisora also speculated,,,don't hate that tbf. Usyk needs these sort of fights before he fights the elite.

Usyk would box the ears off Chisora

Complete mismatch
    hendrix likes this.

Concerned about Chisora getting on the juice late career tbh, but yeah Usyk will destroy him.

Haven't seen Parker fight recently but was smh at his promoter's claim that he'd be the A side against Usyk

Usyk is a big name everywhere bar the US (not to mention world champ, Olympic champ, unified cw champ, p4p top 10 and no. 1 contender for WBO) while Parker is in danger of becoming a journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Haven't seen Parker fight recently but was smh at his promoter's claim that he'd be the A side against Usyk

Usyk is a big name everywhere bar the US (not to mention world champ, Olympic champ, unified cw champ, p4p top 10 and no. 1 contender for WBO) while Parker is in danger of becoming a journeyman
    His whole team is a complete joke.

Would guess Parker is a bigger brand name than Usyk in the People's Republic of Brit too.

No comment on their respective merits as fighters though, but.

That said, I don't think Chisora is a complete gimme for Usyk. Bloke's a massive ****, but he's very game. Has taken Fury and Wlad the distance and destroyed whatever was left of David Price last time out. He'll be a genuine test for Usyk, IMHO.
    Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"Ben Stokes, that most unlikely saint, worked the second of the two miracles he needs for his canonisation." - The Guardian's Andy Bell on the England all-rounder's Headingley ton

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Would guess Parker is a bigger brand name than Usyk in the People's Republic of Brit too.
    Really?

He's only ever been involved in boring AF fights in the UK, whereas at least Usyk has knocked out Tony Bellew, who has quite a following in the UK.

Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 448492939495 LastLast

Thread Information