• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why has he waited til this last round to actually throw a decent number of punches?

Basically left himself to the mercy of corrupt turds.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Why has he waited til this last round to actually throw a decent number of punches?

He clearly won the last but I dont think he won the fight. I cant think I gave him more than 3 rounds. Just didnt do enough IMO.

I dont think it would be corrupt if Valuev wins. Just a bad fight that Haye tried to avoid taking part in. Just a lack of intent.

Last edited:

Jarquis

Yeah that's what I'm asking.

He obviously felt as though he was leading the whole fight. Proved what he could do in that last round though. Credit to him for sticking to the plan, whether it worked or not is another thing,

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I didnt see the rules at the beginning. Were they using the 10 point must system?

If they were then it was a nightmare fight to score.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fair play to Haye. Haven't seen the fight, but to get a decision against a "home" fighter in Germany is no mean feat.

social

Horrific exhibition of "boxing"

Haye had better keep running from the older Klitschko or else he'll be ruined

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hahaha, pretty awful fight tbh, Haye the deserved winner.
They almost always are though, aren't they? The massive hype required for PPV events builds boxing matches up and makes them seem like fabulously exciting slugfests. It gets to me every time. But generally they just end up as either first-round knockouts or something more akin to a game of chess than a fight. It's been absolutely ages since I've watched a boxing match and not been underwhelmed.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
TBF to Haye he has been involved in some decent tear-ups over the last two or three years. Because he's a concussive puncher and a bit chinny himself there are often quite a few knock-downs in his bouts.

Sounds as if he adopted a more tactical approach with Valuev tho, probably out of necessity.

duffer

They've been showing a heap of classic Roy Jones Jr fights on Main Event for free here these past couple of days. So so hyped now for the Danny Green fight. Damn, guy is a beast. Just a straight up badass.

Pubs and bars are going to be packed next Wednesday for this. Can't wait. Really can't wait now.

Burgey

Been watching them myself. The bloke's a great fighter. Astonishes me that a bloke who really doesn't have a jab can be as good as he is/ was.

Freak imo.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
They almost always are though, aren't they? The massive hype required for PPV events builds boxing matches up and makes them seem like fabulously exciting slugfests. It gets to me every time. But generally they just end up as either first-round knockouts or something more akin to a game of chess than a fight. It's been absolutely ages since I've watched a boxing match and not been underwhelmed.
Yeah very true, even so, expected it to be a bit better than it was.

Burgey

Mate, Danny Green is a good, solid fighter.

He was a decent super-middleweight, then he lost a fight in which he was severely dehydrated, and that then affected him for quite some time. The weight was also an issue for him.

Since he's moved to light-heavyweight he's regained (IMO) some of his power and stamina.

But when all's said and done, he's pretty much a striaght up and down fighter - not a lot of lateral movement. He's capable of knocking out almost any opponent, but he'll need to take a lot of punishment vs Jones to get his shots in. I don't think it will end well for him, though Jones is no where near the fighter he once was.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Mate, Danny Green is a good, solid fighter.

He was a decent super-middleweight, then he lost a fight in which he was severely dehydrated, and that then affected him for quite some time. The weight was also an issue for him.

Since he's moved to light-heavyweight he's regained (IMO) some of his power and stamina.

But when all's said and done, he's pretty much a striaght up and down fighter - not a lot of lateral movement. He's capable of knocking out almost any opponent, but he'll need to take a lot of punishment vs Jones to get his shots in. I don't think it will end well for him, though Jones is no where near the fighter he once was.
Very true, that. Dunno why a bloke of his age and his class is still doing the rounds. Money must come into it somewhere I suppose.

Sounds like Green has a puncher's chance, anyway.