Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing thread

Hatton Pacquiao tonight (tomorrow daytime for me). Should be a good 'un.

Mayweather Jr. has also come-out of retirement and will face the winner (that if he beats Juan Márquez).

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Fancy Manny pretty strongly. All those between fight binges finally catching up with the Hitman I reckon.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

TIE Fighter Shooter Champion!
    Got no idea who will win this one, from what i've seen of the training and buildup it could go either way, should be a cracking fight either way.

Hatton put down twice in the 1st round.

Over.

Hatton looks in trouble.

TIE Fighter Shooter Champion!
    Wasn't expecting that, lawl. After all the promise shown in the buildup the same old no-head movement scrapping Ricky Hatton turned up against one of the fastest men on the planet and he got dealt with. Not seen a knockout that savage in a fair while. Looked to be in a terrible way, good to see he managed to walk out looking fairly coherent though. Still, Pacman is a badman and him vs Mayweather should be amazing.

Jeez. Pretty comprehensive, I'd say. Hatton's unfortunately a shot fighter now. His lack of dietry discipline must've cost him edge; routinely put on and having to lose upwards of 4 stone between fights has got to strain anyone's system.

Love to see Manny dick Mayweather too; the latter's a great fighter but a ****ing prick with it.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Bit embarrassing for Hatton really. Must feel atrocious putting in the amount of preparation that goes into getting ready for a fight like this then having it end in minutes with nothing to show for it but a busted face and some much more seriously injured pride.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Jeez. Pretty comprehensive, I'd say. Hatton's unfortunately a shot fighter now. His lack of dietry discipline must've cost him edge; routinely put on and having to lose upwards of 4 stone between fights has got to strain anyone's system.

Love to see Manny dick Mayweather too; the latter's a great fighter but a ****ing prick with it.
    Actually heard Dan Raphael from ESPN on radio this week (he's very, very good as a boxing expert). He was saying Hatton apparently didn't blow out weight-wise this time around.

It's the oldest story though - styles make fights, and unfortunately for Ricky (a fighter I have the utmost respect for after his defeat of an, albeit not at his best Kostya and the way he conducted himself) he just takes so much punishment to land his own dues. A fine fighter, one guy I really enjoy watching, but up against an opponent as good as his today, well it was a bridge too far for him.

He got tagged early, but he only knows one way. So I wouldn't say it's embarrasing for Hatton, but I bet HE feels embarrassed about it. He shouldn't though - just beaten by a better guy.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    To make it clear, the only reason i think it's embarrassing for Hatton is the pre-match bravado that takes place before every boxing match. When you talk yourself up as promoters insist you must then get a severe ass-kicking you've got to be left a bit red-faced.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    To make it clear, the only reason i think it's embarrassing for Hatton is the pre-match bravado that takes place before every boxing match. When you talk yourself up as promoters insist you must then get a severe ass-kicking you've got to be left a bit red-faced.
    (Y) gotchya. Didn't think you were having a chop at him. It would sting him no doubt.

He'd have an enormous amount of pride in his performance too, so he'd be devo (assuming he's woken up yet ).

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Actually heard Dan Raphael from ESPN on radio this week (he's very, very good as a boxing expert). He was saying Hatton apparently didn't blow out weight-wise this time around.

It's the oldest story though - styles make fights, and unfortunately for Ricky (a fighter I have the utmost respect for after his defeat of an, albeit not at his best Kostya and the way he conducted himself) he just takes so much punishment to land his own dues. A fine fighter, one guy I really enjoy watching, but up against an opponent as good as his today, well it was a bridge too far for him.

He got tagged early, but he only knows one way. So I wouldn't say it's embarrasing for Hatton, but I bet HE feels embarrassed about it. He shouldn't though - just beaten by a better guy.
    Fair dos, but I suspect the damage may already have been done. As one ages it becomes a lot harder to shift blubber () and Ricky's pied out so many times before. Guess he's having to that much harder than blokes who walk around maybe a stone and a half above their fighting weight.

Been a good, in fact very good fighter, in his time tho but suspect his time at the very top is all but over now. I guess there are lucrative domestic fights for him still to take (never has fought Junior Witter yet), but for me it'd be a bit of a shame for him to take a step back in class.

Fair dos, but I suspect the damage may already have been done. As one ages it becomes a lot harder to shift blubber () and Ricky's pied out so many times before. Guess he's having to that much harder than blokes who walk around maybe a stone and a half above their fighting weight.

Been a good, in fact very good fighter, in his time tho but suspect his time at the very top is all but over now. I guess there are lucrative domestic fights for him still to take (never has fought Junior Witter yet), but for me it'd be a bit of a shame for him to take a step back in class.
    Tell me about it!!!!

Yeah it'll be interesting to see where he goes from here. The guys who always come to fight often wear out quicker than others.

Unless he takes a different path to 99.9% of all other fighters, he'll seek a chance at redemption and just as likely get pole-axed by a guy he would've brushed aside in his prime (see Jeff Fenech for a similar type fighter who hung around too long)

He may well fight Witter as the latter is about to fight for an alphabet title again and it would be a huge domestic matchup/thankyou to his fans etc

In other words, it's got disaster written all over it

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread Information