• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

Niall

International Coach
Sorry to sully the thread with this, but there’s a part of me that enjoys seeing Jake Paul decapitate these MMA dorks
I should also add his trolling of Dana White and how terrible he pays his fighters is wonderful as it clearly gets under the skin of Dana as he knows its not right.

Martin v Ortiz was on PPV on America last night for reasons unknown, but watched it earlier and it actually was a fun fight. Ortiz can still bang but his legs look gone, so put money on him in a ring with Dillian Whyte this year!

On Dillian, I suspect he walks away from the Fury fight now with the 80/20 split which to be fair considering their respective value is a fair split.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I should also add his trolling of Dana White and how terrible he pays his fighters is wonderful as it clearly gets under the skin of Dana as he knows its not right.

Martin v Ortiz was on PPV on America last night for reasons unknown, but watched it earlier and it actually was a fun fight. Ortiz can still bang but his legs look gone, so put money on him in a ring with Dillian Whyte this year!

On Dillian, I suspect he walks away from the Fury fight now with the 80/20 split which to be fair considering their respective value is a fair split.
I don't give a crap about how much these millionaires earn, but I don't think 80:20 is a fair split.

Yes, Fury has made more money than Whyte.

But Fury vs Whyte in the UK is a huge fight and at least part of that is down to Whyte.

I think 30% would be more reasonable.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
On paper it's a fight between two worthy guys just below the top level but style wise it's going to be horrible. These guys have styles that make watching paint dry seem interesting.
Hmmmm really? Maybe there is a bit of the amateur style about them, but Tony Yoka strikes me as someone who could be a bit chinny, and Hrgovic can punch. It could turn into too much of a boxing match but I think there's a lot on the line so I dunno, I like the fight.

cricketsavant

U19 12th Man
Hmmmm really? Maybe there is a bit of the amateur style about them, but Tony Yoka strikes me as someone who could be a bit chinny, and Hrgovic can punch. It could turn into too much of a boxing match but I think there's a lot on the line so I dunno, I like the fight.
I don't know man, I've seen enough of Yoka and he often seems lazy in the ring, Hrgovic is equally as boring but due to his style more so than his intent. Heck, it could turn into a great fight but I won't be setting time aside to watch let's put it that way haha

fastlawrencetime

Cricket Spectator
Recently I watched the duel Oleksandr Usyk vs Dereck Chisora. It was an awesome fight. Usyk is a class act. How many danger shots he avoided and stayed in control. Wow

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I see people are again being fooled by Tyson Fury's antics.

No, he will not fight Usyk for undisputed.

Tyson Fury's toughest fights:
Steve Cunningham, a middling cruiserweight with:
- decent boxing pedigree
- southpaw
- moderately athletic

Otto Wallin
- Decent boxing pedigree
- Southpaw
- Moderately athletic

Now consider Usyk:
- Pound for pound level boxing pedigree
- Southpaw
- Insanely athletic, with the best footwork of anyone above lightweight.

Tyson Fury will never fight Usyk. He knows it's a fight he cannot win.

Tyson Fury is a very good fighter but his resume is just as tailored as anyone elses. He makes sure he fights people he can outskill. That's not to downplay wins over Wlad and Wilder, they're still good wins. It's just to point out that people need to fight allcomers to be the man of the division.

Niall

International Coach
Taylor v Serrano confirmed.

Bookies have Taylor slight fav, but its hard to know with Taylor, she has looked a little off recently , but maybe a fight of this stature might wake her up somewhat. Although she is 35 and has had a long career, so mileage etc,

I'l be backing Amanda anyhow.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I see people are again being fooled by Tyson Fury's antics.

No, he will not fight Usyk for undisputed.

Tyson Fury's toughest fights:
Steve Cunningham, a middling cruiserweight with:
- decent boxing pedigree
- southpaw
- moderately athletic

Otto Wallin
- Decent boxing pedigree
- Southpaw
- Moderately athletic

Now consider Usyk:
- Pound for pound level boxing pedigree
- Southpaw
- Insanely athletic, with the best footwork of anyone above lightweight.

Tyson Fury will never fight Usyk. He knows it's a fight he cannot win.

Tyson Fury is a very good fighter but his resume is just as tailored as anyone elses. He makes sure he fights people he can outskill. That's not to downplay wins over Wlad and Wilder, they're still good wins. It's just to point out that people need to fight allcomers to be the man of the division.
Also need to factor in that Usyk doesn’t speak English so calling him names won’t work plus he’s crazier than Fury anyway

From Hearn so take it with a grain of salt

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach

Will do serious money in the UK this tbf.

It is what it is when it comes to Fury,its not the most exciting but its a mandatory and he was linked with some bums so will take it.

Unsure how Fury loses unless he goes totally of the rails in next few months, probably will be quite conservative, pick him off and win late or be content to win by UD.

Obvious next fight for him is Usyk/Joshua winner towards the end of the year.

Niall

International Coach
The hype will kick off yet again with Eubank, but again I don't really see it. Some nice knockdowns but he should have finished him in 6 rounds, showboating for social media I assume.

GGG might be very tempted though, obviously would not be Canelo money, but he'd get well paid for handling Eubank.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Talks of Canelo vs Bivol followed by GGG 3rd fight.

I know people have become a bit low on Bivol, but I really think he has the style, combined with enough power and size to beat Canelo. I really think it's a difficult style match up. Honestly, I think Beterbiev, although a scary scary man, would be a better match up for Canelo.

Bivol is a fantastic out-boxer with damn near perfect fundamentals and good, young legs.

He's the type of guy with a good enough jab, enough power in his straight right, and enough speed in his legs that he could quite feasibly keep Canelo on the outside all night long plodding around the ring.

BJS and that american dude tried and failed that but frankly they're not half the boxers that Bivol is, nor do they have the requisite power to keep Canelp honest.

Niall

International Coach
Hope you swerved!

Its not an original point and why break habit of a lifetime etc...

But bloody hell UK boxing PPV undercards are absolute trash aren't they?

Then after a ****fest of an undercard they then waited around 50 mins for the main event.

It was what most expected, fun enough scrap between two lads absolutely washed up who wanted a final day.

I watched it through other methods, hopefully Brook has enough sense to jack it in also, money is made surely.