• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I wasn't going to watch this but something made me PPV it. Glad I did. Been a lot better fight than I thought it would. Tremendous heart by Wilder. he's copping plenty here.
It was the best undercard I've seen in years tbh. One of the few recent cards that's actually worth the PPV.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And there is it. Terrific fight. Wilder couldn't have done much more. He's very limited defensively but put on a great show.

Niall

International Coach
Yeah some fight.

Wilder has his money made, but hopefully we get some fights from him, he v ruiz, whyte would be good fun.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah some fight.

Wilder has his money made, but hopefully we get some fights from him, he v ruiz, whyte would be good fun.
The real question is what Fury does. That's the first defense of his belt. Does he fight his mandatories? Lots of different styles in the top 10.

Whyte is fighting Wallin (which is a fight he could seriously lose) and the winner of that fight becomes the mandatory for Fury.

flibbertyjibber

The real question is what Fury does. That's the first defense of his belt. Does he fight his mandatories? Lots of different styles in the top 10.

Whyte is fighting Wallin (which is a fight he could seriously lose) and the winner of that fight becomes the mandatory for Fury.
He would wipe the floor with White, hope he fights Usyk but think he won't fight him yet.

flibbertyjibber

Well deserved win for Fury in the end but fmd I wanna see that count Fury took again.
Looked dodgy, think he was ok as he was getting up but it was still slow. Don't think he wouldn't have made it but he used the full 13/14 seconds the ref gave him.

Niall

International Coach

I don't want to see Fury v Whyte, but if Whte has a dominant win then its very easy fight to market and Tyson might consider it easy money.

I dunno if he is really keen to fight Usyk at all sadly.

He could also go on a break and pray Joshua beats Usyk in rematch and then next summer he v Joshua for fortunes.

flibbertyjibber

He could also go on a break and pray Joshua beats Usyk in rematch and then next summer he v Joshua for fortunes.
Can't see him fighting till next summer whoever it is, he may be happy to wait for that rematch to fight Joshua as he'd take him apart.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
He would wipe the floor with White, hope he fights Usyk but think he won't fight him yet.
Agree. Whyte is a shot fighter and his chin is gone, and was never much good to begin with. Still, hard to deny that he's earned a shot.

There's interesting guys hungry guys out there. Even sore someone like Frank Sanchez (a bit soporific but skilled), Michael Hunter (good mover), Joe Joyce (always looks rubbish but can't deny the tank and the resume), etc etc.

Burgey

Who was the real blow hard Yank on the coverage at the end sitting next to the Pommy bird? Christ he was awful, I didn't really catch it but could here the over-emphasis ON EVERY SINGLE WORD from the next room.