• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Holyfield is massively punchdrunk. Painful to listen to him try to talk. This is dangerous.
Couldn’t get a license elsewhere so they changed the venue

Ref knew that he shouldn’t be fighting and stopped it while it was classified as an exhibition so not an official bout

That fight was everything that is wrong with the sport

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Getting quite hyped up for Joshua-Usyk. Really Joshua deserves a lot of credit. More credit than Fury tbh. He's fought every available contender when he's had the ability to duck or wait people out.

Probably a bridge too far for Usyk but if he manages to tire Joshua out he could pull off a late stoppage.
Predictions for this fight? It's next week right? Can't really believe it's happening.

Niall

International Coach
Predictions for this fight? It's next week right? Can't really believe it's happening.

I dunno.

If it goes to points then unless its total domination Usyk is in trouble so he has to get the KO win and this is the man who could not knock out Chisora ffs.

Joshua probably wins by KO late on if I had to bet.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I dunno.

If it goes to points then unless its total domination Usyk is in trouble so he has to get the KO win and this is the man who could not knock out Chisora ffs.

Joshua probably wins by KO late on if I had to bet.
I'm not sure if the Chisora comparison is fair. Chisora has a solid chin and also is very accustomed/experienced to being in trouble late in fights and knows how to push through. Joshua tends to gas when he's in trouble.

I would take Joshua early KO or win on points.

If there's a late KO I would imagine Usyk getting a TKO due to volume of punches and Joshua gassing when in trouble.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Just rewatched the Usyk-Bellew fight.

Unbelievable that the sky sports highlights package/wanker UK commentators were able to convince the public that this was a competitive fight. Bellew landed a couple of counter rights in between getting pressured for the entire fight. He did not win a single round IMO. Usyk a pressure fighter who was controlling the fight right from round one. Bellew was staying afloat, occasionally playing to the crowd but barely landed a punch other than the odd counter right.

AJ will be a much more difficult proposition due to his length.

"The Usyk jab nonexistent tonight" JFC that stupid UK commentator is a complete moron I really don't know how you brits put up with that ****.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This **** is getting beyond a ****ing joke. Seriously. Bowe is shadow boxing slower than me ffs. It's terrible.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bowe's lawyers used his brain damage as mitigation for him beating his wife and/or kids in a court case that was long before Lewis retired, and that must be a decade and a half ago now.

These "exhibitions" that are suddenly mushrooming everywhere are literally travesties of real boxing and someone is going to get killed.

thierry henry

International Coach
Just rewatched the Usyk-Bellew fight.

Unbelievable that the sky sports highlights package/wanker UK commentators were able to convince the public that this was a competitive fight. Bellew landed a couple of counter rights in between getting pressured for the entire fight. He did not win a single round IMO. Usyk a pressure fighter who was controlling the fight right from round one. Bellew was staying afloat, occasionally playing to the crowd but barely landed a punch other than the odd counter right.

AJ will be a much more difficult proposition due to his length.

"The Usyk jab nonexistent tonight" JFC that stupid UK commentator is a complete moron I really don't know how you brits put up with that ****.

That's exactly as I remember it too, but it wasn't just the commentators, the judges also had Bellew ahead. One had it a draw, one had it 4-3 Bellew and one had it 5-2 Bellew (!?!).

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
That's exactly as I remember it too, but it wasn't just the commentators, the judges also had Bellew ahead. One had it a draw, one had it 4-3 Bellew and one had it 5-2 Bellew (!?!).

????

I've thought about this fight some more.

Usyk is gonna stop AJ late in the fight.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It's never quite so simple as this, but a good big 'un generally beats a good little 'un.

I guess Usyk is gonna be giving away the best part of 3 stone to Joshua and a fair few inches in reach too.

If AJ fights sensibly behind his jab I think it's him on points unless he gets careless and Usyk tags him.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It's never quite so simple as this, but a good big 'un generally beats a good little 'un.
Usyk is not just a good little 'un though. He's quite arguably the best cruiserweight of all time, becoming undisputed in a very short amount of time in a relatively stacked division. He's already a hall-of-fame fighter.

He's a great little 'un, and not all that little tbh at 6'3. I don't think AJ has ever or will ever fight anyone like him.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Omg Ali is getting the Ken Burns treatment. Eight ****ing hours. It will be beyond wonderful.

Niall

International Coach
Undercards can be bad, but this has been dire for Joshua so far. Hatton jr is not good , Smith won by murder and Okolie beat a bum.

Now at least 50 mins before the main event,

Oh dear.