• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BJS is no Fury

He hasn’t lived the life for years and it’s only a matter of time before it catches up

Canelo is a turd imo

If not for his money making power, he would have a few more losses

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Enjoys a PED, allegedly.

Saunders is an arse though, so glad he had his handed to him.

Some of the scoring in Canelo's fights with Golovkin was a wee bit eccentric to say the least.

I don't think I have an especially huge issue with the first fight being called a draw, but when the other two judges scored it 115-113 Golovkin & 114 all, 118-110 Alvarez is a massive outlier.

Thought Golovkin won the second clash too, and the scoring at least looked reasonable at first glance, but what really opened the eyes was two judges giving the last to the Mexican, when it was as clear a GGG round as there'd been all fight.

Golovkin caught him with a huge uppercut early in the round (which Canelo did well do to go down from) and then his jab was almost literally never out of his opponent's face.

Canelo did well to last to the final bell, but to say he won the round is BS of the purest form.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Not exactly current, but the good people at BBC2 decided to air a couple of programmes about Muhammad Ali on Saturday. The first one was part of new series 'Life in ten pictures' - lots of talking heads, but still pretty good. The second was another chance to watch 'When we were kings', which is terrific. The moment when Ali fells Foreman is still extraordinary; possibly the most dramatic sporting moment in my lifetime. Apart from any other considerations, of which there are many, the man was just so funny.

Niall

International Coach
Obviously want Fury v Joshua, bu getting bored waiting, Usyk v Joshua would be pretty cool tbf. Wilder v Fury part 3 not so much.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Surprising to absolutely no one that the arbitrator sided with Wilder. Will be interesting to see if Fury is willing to part with a significant chunk of his share of the site fee for the Joshua fight in order to get Wilder to wait until the end of the year. I would tend to think that he might given that even if he has to pay $20 million, the amount left over would dwarf what Fury would make from a 3rd Wilder fight.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Sucks for Crawford though, dude is a killer but needs big fights to become a star.
Dude hasn't exactly been looking for the big fights has he. Could have put real pressure on Spence or hell even the next tier down like danny garcia or thurman or whoever.

Dunno I've given up on all the welterweights tbh. Hopefully the next crop of guys sort their **** out

Niall

International Coach
That was a corker as expected. Taylor coasted a little in the final rounds but deserving winner.

Wilder v Fury 3 confirmed, in a perfect world Wilder wins as Fury annoys me these days, but Fury probably gets it done.

Usyk v Joshua looks nailed on which could be great, but can't see past Joshua blasting him out in the latter rounds.

Niall

International Coach
Arguably Scotland's most elite sportsperson atm.

Arum saying after Taylor fights Catterall assuming he wins he will look to fight Crawford.

Taylor is awesome, but that would end in decapitation if it happens. Hope for Josh's sake he has a rethink about that.

Niall

International Coach
Yeah tough to see how Wilder wins.

I suspect he will be much more wary as will most regarding the power of Fury, so I dunno try and take it to the latter rounds and hope he can find a magic punch? He ain't winning on points .

Niall

International Coach
Hearn chatting about Joshua v Ruiz again, Whyte, and ****ing Ortiz.:laugh:

Its early days, but definitely think AJ might be getting jittery about fighting Usyk and tbh he probably makes the same money beating those dudes and obviously much lower risk.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Arguably Scotland's most elite sportsperson atm.

Arum saying after Taylor fights Catterall assuming he wins he will look to fight Crawford.

Taylor is awesome, but that would end in decapitation if it happens. Hope for Josh's sake he has a rethink about that.
There's nothing objective to say that Taylor-Crawford wouldn't be a competitive fight. Their resumes are very similar. In fact Jose Ramirez is arguably the best win on either of their resumes.

Eye test suggests Crawford would be too athletic and skilled for Taylor but we don't actually know until we see it and it's not like Taylor's been fighting chumps. Dude is legite undisputed at 140. That's amazing.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I don’t think Wilder is only after the money. If that was the case he could have taken a fair slice to step aside. Not sure the public are too thrilled with a third fight though. They’ve allegedly got the new Raiders 65,000 seater stadium lined up.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Hearn chatting about Joshua v Ruiz again, Whyte, and ****ing Ortiz.:laugh:

Its early days, but definitely think AJ might be getting jittery about fighting Usyk and tbh he probably makes the same money beating those dudes and obviously much lower risk.
Funny how back in the day old man Ortiz was supposedly the boogeyman but in reality it's I Am Very Feel Usyk

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's nothing objective to say that Taylor-Crawford wouldn't be a competitive fight. Their resumes are very similar. In fact Jose Ramirez is arguably the best win on either of their resumes.

Eye test suggests Crawford would be too athletic and skilled for Taylor but we don't actually know until we see it and it's not like Taylor's been fighting chumps. Dude is legite undisputed at 140. That's amazing.
True but I wouldn’t bet on Taylor with your money

Crawford is a sensational fighter & bigger