cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 77 of 85 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1269
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Boxing thread

Felt that DeGale was finished at the top level but wrongly assumed that it would be Jnr or Groves that proved it

Needs to retire

Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Felt that DeGale was finished at the top level but wrongly assumed that it would be Jnr or Groves that proved it

Needs to retire
    I was shocked after the fight to see that he's only 31. Looked like a 40 year old in there. Had nothing to give.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    "You don't look like me in this world without being firm on what you want to do."

- Hashim Amla.
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveClub View Post
    He bowls with a lot of heart, his heart makes the ball bounce more

lomachenko pretty special isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Niall View Post
    lomachenko pretty special isn't he?
    I think he's very good but this was a mismatch, Rigo coming up two weight divisions against a much younger guy in his prime. I'm not one of the super skeptical guys when it comes to Lomachenko, but I still think there are better fights that could be made before we truly consider him at the level of someone like Crawford.

He should fight Linares and/or Mikey Garcia IMO.
    Niall likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    I was shocked after the fight to see that he's only 31. Looked like a 40 year old in there. Had nothing to give.
    Think he's always been tight at the weight (not called "Chunky" for nothing) and making it is only getting harder as he ages.

Looked utterly gassed from the first bell against a glorified journeyman.

If he has a future he needs to move up to light heavy.
    Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"At this point, the merciful thing to do may be to put up one of those big green curtains they use when a horse falls at a racecourse, to spare the crowd the sight, and afford the man some privacy, for the ruthless but necessary end of his Test career." - The Guardian's Andy Bull on Keaton Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloakey View Post
    Darlingface
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Billy Joe Saunders vs Lemieux is a great fight.

Picking BJS on points, but I'm against the crowd on that one.

Wow. That's a career defining performance from Saunders. Completely and utterly whitewashed Lemieux. Looked absolutely spectacular in there.

I don't think people realise how good Saunders is because of how much of a bell he is, but that was domination. If he keeps focused, definitely give him a chance against an ageing Golovkin.

Jacobs the next fight though? Down with that also.

I don't think people realise how good Saunders is because of how much of a bell he is, but that was domination. If he keeps focused, definitely give him a chance against an ageing Golovkin.

I think Canelo avoids BJS like the plague, his style is all wrong for him and could end up making Canelo look awful. GGG is a much harder fight, stylistically for BJS. GGG much better at cutting off the ring than Lemieux, much better jab, better timing on his punches.

I'd love to see BJS vs Jacobs. Not sure if either really wants to fight each other right now given that they both probably want that Canelo/GGG fight. But it would be a fantastic fight.

I think BJS is the type of fighter who needs to stay active to be good, so he should just fight any mid-tier fighter or even a journeyman in the mean time.

Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    I think Canelo avoids BJS like the plague, his style is all wrong for him and could end up making Canelo look awful. GGG is a much harder fight, stylistically for BJS. GGG much better at cutting off the ring than Lemieux, much better jab, better timing on his punches.

I'd love to see BJS vs Jacobs. Not sure if either really wants to fight each other right now given that they both probably want that Canelo/GGG fight. But it would be a fantastic fight.

I think BJS is the type of fighter who needs to stay active to be good, so he should just fight any mid-tier fighter or even a journeyman in the mean time.
    Agree with much of this and dont think that GBP/Canelo want any part of BJS

Let's not forget that the WBO did their part to make it happen last year and it all fell apart

Not sure about BJS/Jacobs

BJS has the ability to make anyone look bad but doesnt have a high work rate and Jacobs might catch him with his length

GGG is a no-no for BJS until he slows down some more

Lucas Browne vs Dillian Whyte has been made, apparently.

Two rather limited, basic fighters who none-the-less should make for a fun fight. And if nothing else, a fun build up.

Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Agree with much of this and dont think that GBP/Canelo want any part of BJS

Let's not forget that the WBO did their part to make it happen last year and it all fell apart

Not sure about BJS/Jacobs

BJS has the ability to make anyone look bad but doesnt have a high work rate and Jacobs might catch him with his length

GGG is a no-no for BJS until he slows down some more
    He has a very high work rate vs Lemieux which is what impressed me in particular. We always knew he could box, but he tended to gas and get outworked. This fight he wasn't just making Lemieux miss but was also making him pay, every single round up till perhaps the 12th which he pretty much just coasted and still probably won. I do rate Jacobs quite highly, would be an interesting fight but I doubt it gets made.

BJS starting to call out Golovkin now which is interesting. If nothing else it gives GGG a bit more bargaining power with Canelo.

U19 Debutant

I think actual boxing fans have always known how good Saunders is in terms of skills but he used to lack world level stamina, punch output and shape. Far too often he;d come in a bit chubby and gas by the 6th.

By his own admission, he changed his diet, life style and training team. Ingle has done a great job in getting BJS fight ready and we saw that against Lem. Now he can finally marry his skills with his fitness. Now he is a tough proposition for a number of 160 and 168 pounders.

I still don't think it is enough to beat GGG but he would beat Canelo, the only problem being the latter is 6 rounds up before the fight even starts.

Watching the boxing in Australia and Jeff Horn's promoter is implying that Arum "manipulated" the system to have Terrence Crawford ranked no. 1 contender

Maybe so but it is Terrence friggin' Crawford

Page 77 of 85 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast

Thread Information