• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Some much needed banter from Yarde to lose to a man who only has a jab and hurt his right hand early. The fight was their for Yarde but he clearly has idiots in his corner. The worst thing is due to how close the decision was he probably think's he has to change nothing and will have learned nothing from this.
He's just not that good.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
jfc Adam Smith and the sky sports commentary team are disgraceful. If I want to listen to BJs for 12 rounds there are other things I'd be watching.

aussie tragic

International Captain
"Anthony Joshua KOs Kubrat Pulev in heavyweight world title fight, retains belts"

How boring a World champ is Anthony Joshua. Didn't even know this fight was on

Niall

International Coach
Shame he didn't get a knockout Canelo, but that was absolute domination and Smith totally out of his depth at this level.

Niall

International Coach
Hopefully we don't get Saunders v Canelo, it would be a massacre and Saunders doesn't deserve the pay day either the scumbag that he is.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
How good is Tim Tszyu? He demolished Jeff Horn, who beat Manny Pacquaio,, and made quick work of his opponent on Wednesday night.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
His old man was pretty useful, so good genes there.

EDIT: No way the ref should've let Morgan go again after the first knockdown. Was palpably out on his feet.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
p4p....

1. Canelo
2. Lomachenko
3. Usyk
4. Inoue
5. GGG
6. Teofimo
7. Spence
8. Crawford
9. Josh Taylor
10. Pacquiao

- Dmitry Bivol looks awesome to eye test, just doesn't quite have the wins. Few other young guys who I expect to make the list in a couple of years.
- Mairis Briedis unlucky to miss out considering just the one very close loss to Usyk.
- Yes Lomachenko stays that high. Dude has been dominating everyone two weight classes above his natural weight, one close loss doesn't change that. No I don't have to put Teofimo above him.
- Usyk took all the marbles in a very tough division at Cruiserweight - guys like Briedis and Gassiev would likely be very good heavyweights, and Michael Hunter is proving that.
- Inoue nothing needs to be said dude is outrageous
- GGG is still the most competitive fight Clenelo had
- Spence is higher than Crawford because he's beaten better guys.
- AJ and Fury could possibly be on the edges. They're slightly underrated when it comes to pound for pound. Both have wins over Klitchko. AJ also has multiple wins over other top heavyweights.

Niall

International Coach
Dazn pretty much creamed themselves over Ryan Garcia tonight.

It was a nice punch to get Campbell out of their, but the likes of Lopez and Tank will be gagging to fight him ASAP.

I'd advise Garcia to steer clear of that sort of fighter for now as he was so hittable tonight, but those dudes will want that massive day!

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I still think it's a very very impressive win for a 22 year old. Campbell is a clear top 10 lightweight with an excellent amateur pedigree, and also he's not overcooked or burnt out.

Not as impressive as a win over lomachenko, sure. Still a very good win

Niall

International Coach
Maybe I was harsh as aye he is still so young, but he needs to be careful of those dudes he calls out.

Probably should also add the undercard was a banger which was great to see as the undercard of the big UK fights before Xmas such as Dubois, Joshua were horrific.

Niall

International Coach
The Daniel Kinehan story finally seems to be picking up some coverage with Joe Bloggs . Boxing has always been carny but even still the role of Kinehan in it is really grim.

A reminder that while Fury has good PR people and obviously has charisma he's far from perfect. His close friendship with Kinehan really reflects poorly on him.

Should also add that BJS going on defense las week again proved he is the biggest scumbag in boxing, praying that Canelo does not give him the payday he craves.

The documentary which aired on BBC1 focusing on MTK, Fury, Mc Guigan etc.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
The Daniel Kinehan story finally seems to be picking up some coverage with Joe Bloggs . Boxing has always been carny but even still the role of Kinehan in it is really grim.

A reminder that while Fury has good PR people and obviously has charisma he's far from perfect. His close friendship with Kinehan really reflects poorly on him.
It really amazes me how much of a pass Fury gets. It's unbelievable to me that he's managed to maneuver his "Depression" story to somehow getting a voice as a face of mental health.

Step 1. Get busted for using PEDs,
Step 2. Take 2 years off while you sue the crap out of anyone bringing the story public
Step 3. Spend most of your time in backwater Eastern European countries (because you're a gypsy...obviously)
Step 4. Fight in the US where you're no longer subject to year round testing from UKAD
Step 5. Put on about 40lbs of lean-ish muscle and beat the crap out of a top heavyweight.
Step 6. Sell your "inspirational" story as a weight loss and mental health battle
Step 7. Profit $$$

The dude is an absolute PR genius

Niall

International Coach
Bang average.

Annoyingly if I had opposed all these UK hype jobs last few months would be swimming in money. Kelly went off at 1.66 in the UK. Not impressive.

I watched this in the background while working etc, easy win for Otto. Unsure what his ceiling is, he is decent but should be blasting out a bum like Dominic in 2021.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
There’s a new Sky documentary this week about the rivalry between Bruno and Tyson. I know Harry Carpenter almost wet himself when Bruno caught Tyson with a half decent punch, but in terms of rivalry it was a complete mismatch.