• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I had Kovalev well up but he didn't seem to really hurt Alvarez at any point, and that was a brutal finish. There is a rematch clause in place but at 35 and with guys like Bivol looming he should probably call it a day.

Niall

International Coach
I'l probably delete this message in a few hours in shame...:ph34r:

But my money is on Canelo tonight, knocks GGG out in the latter few rounds.:unsure:

Niall

International Coach
Well he did not knock him out, but a winning bet is a winning bet:ph34r:

GGG probably edged it, but he would have known once it goes to the judges they are always going to side with the cash cow.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Didn't watch the fight and don't care about Canelo and his bull****. Not going to watch any of his fights. It's not like he was a 90s heavyweight where the entertainment was so good that you could suspend your moral criticism at obvious cheating.

We have much less diva-esque behaviour from better boxers right now. We don't have to put up with Canelo bull**** when we have guys like Usyk, Crawford, Spence and Lomachenko. Even Anthony Joshua, who gets routinely dissed for ducking Wilder, has shown less bullhit than Canelo. Hopefully Mikey Garcia steers their way rather than following Canelo's example.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Really good fight between Bellew & Usyk

Usyk is something special
Yeah.

What's interesting in hindsight is how good Briedis looks. Reckon Briedis would've also KOd Bellew, probably earlier based on styles.

Briedis Gassiev would be one hell of a good fight to watch.

quickeyg

Cricket Spectator
Looking forward to the Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury fight - December 1st, fight takes place at the Staples Center, Los Angeles, America. Its a pay-per-view event.
Tyson Fury is 6f9 with an 85 inch reach and Deontay Wilder is 6f7 with an 83 inch reach.
Wilder has 39 (KO's) and Fury has 19 (KO's)

Check out this RoundTable Chat Face Off they had the other month. I like Tyson Fury's mind set. Grab some food and drink and enjoy.

quickeyg

Cricket Spectator
Yesterdays Press Conference between Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury was EPIC. Tons of people have been talking about this fight. There are some good fights on the undercard - Hurd, Joe Joyce, Luis Ortiz.
Don't forget about the weigh in tomorrow which is being streamed on the ShowTime & BT Sport Youtube channels. Expect sparks to fly by Team Wilder because I believe they want out of the fight Saturday night at the
Staples Center, Los Angeles.

Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury face off at press conference

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member

It's really quite amazing to me that even in the United States Wilder is not the crowd favourite when he's up against a proven drug cheat (his second in a row) who regularly spouts anti-semitic and homophobic filth. Well, I guess fighting 30 bums for his first few fights is one legite reason, but he's just come off a big knockout victory of one of the most avoided guys in the division and he's still struggling to generate the hype necessary to force the Joshua fight.

Whether you like Wilder or not if he wins this fight and Joshua doesn't fight him next then we gotta call a spade a spade and a duck a duck. All this mandatory bull**** is just that - no way would any of the sanctioning bodies strip AJ for fighting Wilder and if they did then they just lose credibility themselves.

Niall

International Coach
115-111 to Wilder according to one judge?! LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

Not the robbery that some are suggesting, but Fury won that.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Had it 113-113 or 114-112 to Fury. Draw is a fair result IMO, but that one judge 115-111 to Wilder is ridiculous and as Malignaggi said, he shouldn't work in boxing again. I also think that referee gave very lenient counts and bought Fury a fair bit of time on both knockdowns.

Once again I still don't get why the American media is so harsh on Wilder. That one dude at the end of the fight "Why couldn't you land your power punches tonight?" - WTF are you talking about he knocked Fury down twice.he did land.