• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lomachenko beats up Linares for the TKO!

Was dropped by the right hand though. Come on Mikey make the fight
Could see it going either way but wouldn't be surprised if Mikey dropped him hard

He was wide open for that shot and it's getting to the stage where size will make a difference as he's not big at 135

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Could see it going either way but wouldn't be surprised if Mikey dropped him hard

He was wide open for that shot and it's getting to the stage where size will make a difference as he's not big at 135
Yeah either way he's an exceptional talent and probably p4p #1 right now.

I don't understand why people are saying Mikey is too big when he just fought Linares at 135 who's bigger IMO.

social

Great fight it was

Thought draw was fair enough as Jack waited too long to pull the trigger

When he finally got going, he inflicted some serious physical hurt on Adonis and might've stopped him if his corner hadnt made the ridiculous call to stop going to the body

As we've seen with DeGale, that's the type of beating that effectively finishes careers

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Great fight it was

Thought draw was fair enough as Jack waited too long to pull the trigger

When he finally got going, he inflicted some serious physical hurt on Adonis and might've stopped him if his corner hadnt made the ridiculous call to stop going to the body

As we've seen with DeGale, that's the type of beating that effectively finishes careers
Yeah amazing fight.

Jack would've won if it weren't for that body shot Adonis landed in the 10th I think - Jack looked seriously hurt after that, I reckon it probably snapped a rib or something.

social

Stevenson can really crack, Jack started to go for the head in an attempt to finish him and left himself open

Should have just stayed with what was working

One thing that really surprised me was how much bigger Adonis looked

Badou was a really big SMW but was the much smaller man

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
One thing I thought was that Stevenson could've been docked a point for holding. That would have swung things in Jack's favour.

Niall

International Coach
Fury fight a complete farce
Fight in the crowd looked more interesting:laugh:

A ****show to say the least but always going to be a slow come back for Fury. Another 2 bums this year I suspect and then maybe someone not hopeless next Spring?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I see that Povetkin has been made mandatoru for AJ.

2 years ago this may have been a good fight, but after seeing Povetkin get dropped by someone as basic as David Price...I think it should be a rather easy KO for AJ. It wasn't just a freak punch either, he was actually landing the left hook quite regularly and even his jab was landing. Povetkin is clearly not as good off the juice.

Pretty sure this fight was always gonna happen after Hearn got him on the undercard. It's a nice name to have on your resume but not when we want to see undisputed.

I really hope they make the Wilder fight sooner rather than later.

Niall

International Coach
Clearly a special fighter, but all those hot takes on twitter that he beats Joshua easily is a bit mental to say the least.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Clearly a special fighter, but all those hot takes on twitter that he beats Joshua easily is a bit mental to say the least.
He'd have a decent shot. I think all of Usyk, Gassiev and Briedis would be dangerous at heavyweight. It really depends on how they're able to deal with guys with significant reach advantages - Usyk has already proven he's capable of this when he beat the crap out of Joe Joyce in the amateurs, and Briedis sent Manuel Charr to sleep.

IMO Usyk would comfortably beat every heavyweight outside the top 10, and of course easily beat the likes of Tony Bellew and Dillian Whyte.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Well that'll be the end of Parker at the top table for a while. His defensive limitations really on show tonight, as was his inability to string telling combinations together. The fact that Whyte was out-jabbing him through basically all but the last couple of rounds is appauling, and I think at this point kiwi fans are going to have to accept that he's just not that good.

social

Well that'll be the end of Parker at the top table for a while. His defensive limitations really on show tonight, as was his inability to string telling combinations together. The fact that Whyte was out-jabbing him through basically all but the last couple of rounds is appauling, and I think at this point kiwi fans are going to have to accept that he's just not that good.
All 3 men in the ring were poor

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
How Parker could go from looking at complete ease in the first round to abandoning all aggression and decisiveness for 90% of the rest of the fight is beyond me. Any time he put it on Whyte he had him hurt, yet he just continued to lumber off the back foot getting totally outjabbed.

He also clearly has stamina issues.

Very poor showing.