• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
this is ****ing wwe wtf

you'd think mayweather would've prepared something before rocking up. his hardwork chant is the worst.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know Abraham is just a punching bag these days and that you can't read too much into this victory but I'm still backing Eubank to beat both DeGale and Groves

He is incredibly fit and I just think that he would wear both of them down down

Shri

Mr. Glass
Conor is part of the system. Never brought up the thing in the trash talks that would **** with Floyd's brand: his wife beating skills.

cnerd123

likes this
Conor is part of the system. Never brought up the thing in the trash talks that would **** with Floyd's brand: his wife beating skills.
Yea he clearly wants his payday and knows who is in charge of it. Which is disappointing :(

Part of me hopes he's just playing nice because he actually believes he can knock Floyd out and has the tools to do it. Somehow. I don't know. It's so unlikely.

Just getting prepared to be disappointed with Floyd dancing his way to a 12 round victory now.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
You kidding? Floyd has made his money off being the most hated guy in sport. Everyone wanted Manny "Gays are evil and Good Christians Shouldn't Wear Condoms and Corrupt Politician" Pacquiao to beat him.

Ever since changing from "Pretty Boy Floyd" to "Money Mayweather", he's been the guy everyone wanted to lose.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha yeah Floyd loves being the villain. Even in back in his WWE stint they tried making him the face but everyone booed him so they turned him heel and that Wrestlemania did big money.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yea he clearly wants his payday and knows who is in charge of it. Which is disappointing :(

Part of me hopes he's just playing nice because he actually believes he can knock Floyd out and has the tools to do it. Somehow. I don't know. It's so unlikely.

Just getting prepared to be disappointed with Floyd dancing his way to a 12 round victory now.
I actually think it would be more interesting under hybrid MMA rules as it would actually force Floyd "to fight."

Having seen clips of Conor boxing, it is likely to be nothing more than a glorified sparring session with Floyd having the ability to take him out whenever he chooses

As someone mentioned elsewhere, this is literally the equivalent of asking a MLB hitter to open the batting against McGrath

He might get the odd shot off but the chances of him coming out on top are next to zero

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Yesssss Dillian Whyte calls out Jarrell Miller.

This is what's so good about the heavyweight division right now. The mid-level guys from 10-30. Whyte-Miller would be a great fight.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Wladimir Klitschko has retired. I get the impression that it's likely to be for good, but you never know.
I've never been a great fan of ether Klitschko. I found them rather dull technical machines. But you have to give credit where it's due and wish him a happy retirement.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I'm glad, it's definitely the right time for him to step out, and the fact that he's walking away from another big payday is as good a sign as any that he's leaving the profession in good financial health.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Wlad:
- Has a PhD
- Speaks German, Russian and English fluently
- Most handsome guy in boxing
- Always fought his mandatories
- Always fought the best in the division
- Never tested positive for PEDs
- Stayed fit and in great shape over a 20 year career
- One of the greatest right hands in boxing history, ditto re: his jab

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
In-depth look at Wlad's career and where he stacks up. I disagree with this guy's dismissal of Vitali but otherwise this is pretty good.

Mike5181

International Captain
Wlad:
- Has a PhD
- Speaks German, Russian and English fluently
- Most handsome guy in boxing
- Always fought his mandatories
- Always fought the best in the division
- Never tested positive for PEDs
- Stayed fit and in great shape over a 20 year career
- One of the greatest right hands in boxing history, ditto re: his jab
- Hayden Panettiere