• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

PY

International Coach
Yeah I think the hype is getting a little too much. Mayweather has played it pretty well to be honest, he's got a lot of people's hopes up by being brashful and arrogant (as he always is) but people close to him say that he's never trained as hard as he's trained for this fight so he's obviously taking it seriously.

Mayweather, cuts, round 9.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah I think the hype is getting a little too much. Mayweather has played it pretty well to be honest, he's got a lot of people's hopes up by being brashful and arrogant (as he always is) but people close to him say that he's never trained as hard as he's trained for this fight so he's obviously taking it seriously.

Mayweather, cuts, round 9.
Mayweather is always in superb condition

IMO, all the talk about him overlooking Ricky etc is just nonsense - I mean overlooking Ricky for whom? There's no-one else even being mooted as a future opponent.

And Ricky saying that he's got under PBF's skin may not have been the best of strategies either

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think Ricky has got to Mayweather a little, unless wishing his opponent was in prison so he could make him his bitch is par for the course as far as American trash talking goes.

Mayweather on points for me, unless he loses his head and fights Hatton's fight. Love Ricky to win tho, 'cos the bloke seems an absolute prick.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Ive a sick feeling that this will end with Hatton getting stopped on a cut. :@

Otherwise will probably go to points. Depends how the judges see it. Hatton will be the aggressor always coming forward and Mayweather will be picking him off.

Id like to see Hatton catch him with nowhere to go and slow him down with his amazing body work.

Head says Mayweather (only just though) but for all that is good in the world my heart says Hatton.

Nervous about this fight TBH

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
Mayweather is always in superb condition

IMO, all the talk about him overlooking Ricky etc is just nonsense - I mean overlooking Ricky for whom? There's no-one else even being mooted as a future opponent.

And Ricky saying that he's got under PBF's skin may not have been the best of strategies either

uhhh miguel cotto, paul williams, antonio margarito, shane mosley, kermit cintron, they'd all provide better opposition than hatton. hatton is a cherry picked opponent, he's no welterweight.

i look forward to the hatton hype ending tonight, the guy annoys me more than floyd with his endless "look how down to earth i am" and constantly talking about himself in the third person, moron.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
i look forward to the hatton hype ending tonight, the guy annoys me more than floyd with his endless "look how down to earth i am" and constantly talking about himself in the third person, moron.
My wife, who is American, is rooting for Hatton because, as she said and I paraphrase, "Mayweather is a flash arrogant bastard that shows the worst of brash American culture"

There is little to like about Mayweather and I hope he gets a deserved beating. Whether it happens or not is another thing.

In other boxing related news, anyone see Hopkins comments to Calzage?

"I will never let a white person beat me.

I will never lose to a white person."

Little fuss has been made over it but could you imagine it the other way around? :@

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
My wife, who is American, is rooting for Hatton because, as she said and I paraphrase, "Mayweather is a flash arrogant bastard that shows the worst of brash American culture"

There is little to like about Mayweather and I hope he gets a deserved beating. Whether it happens or not is another thing.

In other boxing related news, anyone see Hopkins comments to Calzage?

"I will never let a white person beat me.

I will never lose to a white person."

Little fuss has been made over it but could you imagine it the other way around? :@

....and you think that's the real floyd mayweather?

supernatural joe will slap old man river into retirement and it will be bloody hilarious.

Majin

International Debutant
Ive a sick feeling that this will end with Hatton getting stopped on a cut. :@

Otherwise will probably go to points. Depends how the judges see it. Hatton will be the aggressor always coming forward and Mayweather will be picking him off.

Id like to see Hatton catch him with nowhere to go and slow him down with his amazing body work.

Head says Mayweather (only just though) but for all that is good in the world my heart says Hatton.

Nervous about this fight TBH
Pretty much exactly the same for me, nervous about it as well. Mayweather easy favourite but he's such a ****, want someone to beat him so much. Would love Hatton to really get stuck in and scare the **** out of him, but it's optimistic thinking.

social

Aside from Floyd's posse (a group of brain-dead morons, including his family), the guy is incredibly well liked by doctors, charities, etc ( remember it was Ali who coined the phrase "I am the greatest.")

I give full props to Ricky for stepping up and fighting the best away from home (same cant be said by Calzaghe), and he deserves to win because of it.

But what goes unsaid is that Ricky's the world's dirtiest fighter.

Fair fight - Mayweather by a street

Anything else - it's a lottery

Last edited:

cover drive man

International Captain
Don't think there will be an early knockout. Both fighters are too pumped for that I think one of them will go down in the 8th. Probably Hatton. Although Hatton has a chance.

Last edited:

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
I'm rooting for Hatton like most...cause Mayweather's a ****.
In saying that I think it will be close and Mayweather could pip it.

PY

International Coach
Contemplating getting up for the fight now, even though I'm knackered and feeling ill.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
John Duddy beat Howard Eastman on points to make him 23-0. Biggest fight so far for Duddy and both really wanted it I guess the 10yr ga told in the end.
Talks about Duddy getting a World Tile shot if he wins his next 2 fights.

chalky

International Debutant
Mayweather proved different class but **** Cortez was **** as a ref. Mayweather turns his head away, Hatton hits him & gets a point deduction, what happend to protect yourself at all times? Also too eager to stop the action on the inside not even giving the fighters a chance to work before stepping in.

Mayweather would almoast certainly have won anyway & weather love him or hate him (most hate him) you have to admire Mayweather's ability.

Son Of Coco

Mayweather proved different class but **** Cortez was **** as a ref. Mayweather turns his head away, Hatton hits him & gets a point deduction, what happend to protect yourself at all times? Also too eager to stop the action on the inside not even giving the fighters a chance to work before stepping in.

Mayweather would almoast certainly have won anyway & weather love him or hate him (most hate him) you have to admire Mayweather's ability.
I enjoyed Hatton bending over after Mayweather went through the ropes :laugh:

Mayweather was too good, and this on one of the few occasions I'd go for an Englishman :@

social

Unfortunately, once the ref decided it wasnt going to be a brawl, the writing was on the wall.

PBF is a great boxer and simply picked Hatton to pieces

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
hate to say i told you so.

anyone who claims hatton is still the UK's best boxer ahead of super joe will recieve a visit from the boys.