• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Absolutely terrible fight

Like 2 oversized amateur-hour grapplers who don't want to punch

**** knows how you score it but it's Germany so ......

social

Yeah, at least Fury sort of came to fight

Wlad barely through anything until the last round

People who found Mayweather boring should be forced to watch this on a perpetual loop

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I've never paid for a Klitschko snore fest and settled for the radio. It sounded a good fight but admittedly today's commentators paint a picture more like Rolf Harris than Rembrandt.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Are you saying the commentators today are kiddy fiddlers?

Average fight at best. Can't wait till Joshua knocks him out.

Says a lot that a fighter from your own country fights one of the biggest bores in history and you wanted the bore to win.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
**** fight, great result. Not a big fan of Fury but very impressed with what he achieved tonight.

social

**** fight, great result. Not a big fan of Fury but very impressed with what he achieved tonight.
Not a fan of his boxing but at least Fury brings entertainment to the heavies

I can also imagine lots of guys thinking that they can be world champ now so it could actually mean some exciting times for the division

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Did anyone else listen on Radio 5live in the UK? I don't who the bozo was doing the summarising, but he proclaimed before the decision was announced "Take it from me Klitschko will get the decision". Afterwards he said "Take if from me Klitschko won't want a rematch." Super.

social

Did anyone else listen on Radio 5live in the UK? I don't who the bozo was doing the summarising, but he proclaimed before the decision was announced "Take it from me Klitschko will get the decision". Afterwards he said "Take if from me Klitschko won't want a rematch." Super.
German TV gave the fight to Fury and Fury & Klitschko both want a rematch (no idea who'll want to watch it) so 0/2

social

Anyone watch the De Gale fight? Jim Watt scored it a draw 114-114. The judges scored it 117-111, 117-111, 116-112
Saw a replay last night and whilst I think it's fair to say that the scoring was ridiculously wide, it was almost impossible to mount a case for a Bute win so not an outright robbery

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Fury a title down already. On the evidence of last night, by the time Joshua is ready for a title shot Fury will no longer be Champion.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Are you saying the commentators today are kiddy fiddlers?

Average fight at best. Can't wait till Joshua knocks him out.

Says a lot that a fighter from your own country fights one of the biggest bores in history and you wanted the bore to win.
Personally can't wait till Joshua is caught with his stash of juice, but that's extremely unlikely given the lack of regulation in boxing and how easy it is to cheat. Insanely arrogant to juice to that level though.

social

Canelo vs Khan must be a contender for the title of worst middleweight title fight in history

It will be held at catch-weight between a champion who has never fought at the middleweight limit and a challenger who isn't one of the 4 best welterweights

Should be billed as Guy who is ****-scared of GGG vs Guy looking for retirement payday

Joke of a fight

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I like Canelo though. Maybe he's scared of fighting GGG, or maybe he learned his lesson when he got destroyed 12-0 by Floyd and knows he has to improve before he faces those top guys.

social

I like Canelo though. Maybe he's scared of fighting GGG, or maybe he learned his lesson when he got destroyed 12-0 by Floyd and knows he has to improve before he faces those top guys.
I don't blame Canelo as his record indicates that he'll get in with anyone

The problem is far more likely to be Oscar as GBP has been decimated by Haymon and Canelo is his only cash cow so he wont risk him against GGG

The funny thing is that Khan has the potential to cause him problems with his speed but history says that he doesn't have the brain to stick & move all night

Eventually, he will get sucked into trading and it's likely that will be all she wrote

In any event, fighting a smaller guy with a questionable chin is no preparation for GGG who is a natural 160 lber with massive power

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just got a feeling Rocky is gonna go to Russia and beat Drago. Fight is on Christmas Eve in Moscow.

Spot the bloke whose fiancée is OS for the week...

social

Ok so everyone knows that it is a paper title and that Chagaev is a shadow of his former self but ......

Lucas Browne, heavyweight champeeeeeeeeeon of the world!

Funny thing is that I would back every top 10-15 hw against him bar Fury - guy can crack/Fury can't, he has a great chin and I reckon that Browne would walk him down & stop him after losing virtually every round

Seriously doubt that it will ever get to that as Browne has far bigger challenges in front of him and I hope that he makes a few bucks in the meantime as he is apparently a lovely bloke