• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Was kinda tempted by all the hype to purchase this, quite glad I didn't as by the sounds of it it was exactly the type of boxing match I can't stand.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I couldn't be bothered with it live. It was years too late and 100% predictable. I'm not sure that it would have been much different 5 or 6 years ago but there would have at least been a bit of tension and possible doubt about the outcome.

Hooksey

Banned
There will be a FREE TO AIR coverage of the card to be held in Melbourne, July 8th.

Taking part against as yet unnamed opponents will be:
Brad Pitt
Will Tomlinson
Michael Katsidis
Nader Hamdan

Hooksey

Banned
GGG would smash mayweather imo
Little question about that. If they fought, the agreed -to weight would be all important. Floyd's only real chance would be GGG being starved to the point the weight drain affects his performance.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure why Gennady is even in the conversation. He's a middleweight, usually a super middleweight. Floyd's a welterweight.

Klitscko would kill Gennady. So what?

dermo

International Vice-Captain
floyd has fought at middleweight several times? de la hoya, alvarez and cotto are all middleweights

a catch weight could easily be met and golovkin has said he would happily go down to fight floyd but the chances of mayweather agreeing to it are pretty much zero

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Floyd's natural weight is 67. He fought De La Hoya, Alvarez and Cotto at 70. Gennady fights at 72.5.

Gennady needs to fight someone like Andre Ward. I'd love to see that fight.

Stace

First Class Debutant
Floyd's natural weight is 67. He fought De La Hoya, Alvarez and Cotto at 70. Gennady fights at 72.5.

Gennady needs to fight someone like Andre Ward. I'd love to see that fight.
Ward needs to man up and fight Kovalev at LHW, he's fighting Smith over the SMW limit (joke of a fight) so hopefully he'll move up.

Triple G should wait for Canelo to move up and fight Lara in the meantime.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well Wilder won but looked dreadful

Based on this performance, his management needs to keep him away from anyone with a pulse

BTW, the guy he beat was ranked #44 in the world and a full-time school teacher

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting (well vaguely) to see Joe Calzaghe rubbishing Carl Froch again. Not that I don't agree with him. One imposter rubbishing another. Funny to hear Calzaghe saying that the then 42 year old Bernard Hopkins was the best pound for pound fighter in the world when he beat him.

social

Interesting (well vaguely) to see Joe Calzaghe rubbishing Carl Froch again. Not that I don't agree with him. One imposter rubbishing another. Funny to hear Calzaghe saying that the then 42 year old Bernard Hopkins was the best pound for pound fighter in the world when he beat him.
Lots of rewriting history attempts where Joe is concerned

Says it all that he was floored by both Hopkins and a completely shot RJJ

Both would've eaten him alive in their prime and I also seriously doubt that he would've entered the a Super 6 tourney of the type dominated by Ward

social

Watched a Soliman fight today and it was the most blatant robbery I have seen in years

He was fighting a Haymon stable guy and literally won 9/10 rounds but lost via SD to a "prospect" who is now the mandatory challenger for a world title

Sam is not the most talented and has an ugly style that doesn't sell well but that **** shouldn't happen

No wonder boxing gets a bad name

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Another win for Mayweather. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Did anyone see the Groves fight? He lost a split decision but thinks he won "decisively". As he still thinks he won the second Froch fight that's not much to go by.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
I believe that the Olympic-style Boxing is far better than the so-called "professional Boxing" of WBA, WBC, etc.