• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Already bored with the Sky hype for the Mayweather fight. "Greatest fighters of their generation" they might well be, but it's several years too late to matter.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Indeed.

The third Leonard/Duran bout is pretty much seen as a rather sad coda to a great rivalry, with both the great men well past their respective peaks, but at the time Sugar Ray was only 33 and Roberto 39.

Mayweather and Pacquiao are fighting for the first time at 38 and 36 respectively.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ali. What a fighter and what a man he was. Transcended his sport. Was just an absolute legend. For me his only down side was the way he treated Frazier. The doco about Manilla was pretty telling in that regard.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Generally a big boxing fan but struggling to get too excited by this

Should really have happened 5 years ago but Mayweather and Arum (allegedly) cared more about what a loss would mean to them than fighting the best or giving the public what they wanted

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Generally a big boxing fan but struggling to get too excited by this

Should really have happened 5 years ago but Mayweather and Arum (allegedly) cared more about what a loss would mean to them than fighting the best or giving the public what they wanted
Same. Having lived in the Philippines and met Pacquiao a couple of times you would think I would be excited but this seems more about the event than the actual fight. There are many more fights I would rather see than this. I dont really care who wins. Perhaps Mayweather as a Manny win would make my Facebook insufferable :)

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
****'s sake Telstra. Been on the phone for 90 mins and still can't book the fight. Never been so angry at someone for not taking my money.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Could do but that would mean cheering the man who God speaks to and who sees angels. He is also surrounded by the most backward and provincial people and is also the face of corrupt backers and politicians who undermine an entire nation and subjugate the poor. Pacquiao is also hardly pro-women's rights as he is strongly against any form of contraception.

If Pacquiao wins this fight, he increases his chances of becoming President. Mayweather may have digressions against a number of women but Pacquiao could further **** a nation and keep it generations behind the rest in Asia in terms of social development.
Yep cheer for that guy.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
About to start in ten mins yeah?

I am the definition of a casual boxing fan (if that), know **** all about it and just watch every now and then. But I can't deny being interested in this because of the sheer spectacle.

Was probably not old enough to properly appreciate Tyson vs. Lewis (late teens) and this is probably the "biggest" since.

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I wish this was on pay-per-view here and I didnt have to suffer this awful Digicel coverage. It is free but painful. Mrs. Goughy has had to open another bottle of wine to deal with the amateurish crap they are talking.