• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
how he didnt deserve the fight when he resoundingly beat the number one contender. i know this because i caught the bus with joe calzaghe the other day.

klitschko is just an amazing athlete. too big, too skillful. amazing beast of a man.
Should never have been in the eliminator and the no.1 contender was a hack

Glad he got a big payday and he seems like a decent family man but ,,,,,

social

youre a strange person indeed
Mate, Klit holds multiple titles and this fight was for the WBO version

This defence wasn't against the 2nd best heavyweight in the world, it was against WBO's no.1 contender and was regarded as a joke by most boxing fans

The guy isn't even the highest ranked heavyweight in Oz FFS

"Strange" is someone who declares themselves as a fan of boxing and doesn't get this

Last edited:

Hooksey

Banned
Leapai was installed #1 and the mandatory challenger to Wlad by the WBO. It wasn't his fault he ended up in the ring with the best active heavyweight on the planet. Leapai doesn't know any other way than to give his all. But like many before him his all was not enough to trouble the giant and talented Wlad Klitschko.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
yeah i thought it was closer than 117-111 thats for sure, definitely grounds to call it a draw

social

40yo Sam Soliman won IBF middleweight title this morning by beating Felix Sturm on points in Germany

Soliman has one of the ugliest fighting styles I have ever seen but this is just reward for a guy who epitomizes the saying "anywhere, anytime" (his record looks far worse than it should do due to hometown decisions, taking fights at short notice, fighting guys well above his weight category, etc)

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
No small effort to get a decision over a home fighter in Germany. Sturm struggles with the Aussies; I believe Geale beat him before losing in turn (albeit controversially) to our own Darren Barker, who Sturm then mullered to reclaim the belt.

Groves will be back; kid's only 26 after all & does put bums on seats with his bad guy schtick.

I guess DeGale is the obvious next bout for Froch.

social

No small effort to get a decision over a home fighter in Germany. Sturm struggles with the Aussies; I believe Geale beat him before losing in turn (albeit controversially) to our own Darren Barker, who Sturm then mullered to reclaim the belt.

Groves will be back; kid's only 26 after all & does put bums on seats with his bad guy schtick.

I guess DeGale is the obvious next bout for Froch.
Cant imagine Froch facing DeGale next as someone like Chavez Jnr would be far higher profile/more lucrative and father time isn't on Froch's side

dermo

sturm struggles with the high work rate of guys like soliman and geale, not big punchers but always at you

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cant imagine Froch facing DeGale next as someone like Chavez Jnr would be far higher profile/more lucrative and father time isn't on Froch's side
Agreed. If IBF try to make him fight DeGale I can see him giving up that title for the bigger fight.

dermo

geale to fight golovkin on july 26th at madison square garden, thank christ sense prevailed and the wba allowed this fight to go ahead

social

geale to fight golovkin on july 26th at madison square garden, thank christ sense prevailed and the wba allowed this fight to go ahead
Golovkin is the most hyped fighter in the world today but has literally faced no-one so will be interesting to see how this pans out

In other news, Andre Ward is back in full training but I seriously doubt whether the Hearns will let Froch anywhere near him as the former beats him 99/100 and he will have to settle for a small purse