Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing thread

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy View Post
    Peterson champion on a split decision thanks to Khan getting 2 points deducted for pushing. Enjoyable fight, Khan had a great opening round but Peterson laid into him in rounds 3 and 7. This throws a spanner into Khan's hopes of moving up weight, presumably he would want a rematch and any talk of a fight against Mayweather must be put to bed.

Was following the excellent Kevin Mitchell’s build-up to this fight via the Guardian and boy Peterson has had some life.
    Yeah great fight. I thought Peterson deserved the decision. Khan should not have had 2 points deducted but the ref did warn him continually. Definitely want to see a rematch. Some people are saying that could be FOTY.

A lazy Sunday trawling through boxrec.com and I was surprised to read, and then check out, that there has never been a Scottish British heavyweight champion.

There have been a number from Wales, the immigrant community is well represented (Bugner, Hide etc), N. Ireland has a former Champ and even my hometown (Doncaster) has two former British Heavyweight title holders. Yet nothing from Scotland.

EDIT-- I have just read, though I have not researched, from two different sources that not only has a Scot never been British Heavyweight Champion but no one from Scotland has ever fought for the British Heavyweight title. Something is wrong with this.
    Last edited by Goughy; 11-12-2011 at 03:28 AM.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Froch joins Khan & Haye in the "ex-world champions" camp then. At least he can console himself that Ward does look very good indeed.

Been a pretty grim few months for British boxing, with the two Murrays, John & Martin, also coming up short in world fights. Although, by most accounts, the latter was properly stitched up to have his fight with Felix Sturm in Germany called as a draw.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    A lazy Sunday trawling through boxrec.com and I was surprised to read, and then check out, that there has never been a Scottish British heavyweight champion.

There have been a number from Wales, the immigrant community is well represented (Bugner, Hide etc), N. Ireland has a former Champ and even my hometown (Doncaster) has two former British Heavyweight title holders. Yet nothing from Scotland.

EDIT-- I have just read, though I have not researched, from two different sources that not only has a Scot never been British Heavyweight Champion but no one from Scotland has ever fought for the British Heavyweight title. Something is wrong with this.
    Thinking mainly from a Glaswegian perspective but it wouldn't suprise me if Glasgow's gyms were churning out lots of smaller fighters.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Someone distracting the ref whilst his opponent hits him over the head with a sledgehammer would be real interference. He needs to man up ffs.

True, good point

RIP Angelo Dundee

From the BBC.

Ali's & Leonard's legendary trainer passes away at the ripe old age of 90. Vale.

RIP Angelo! A true legend.

Just watched a video of the Haye/Chisora "brawl". What a pair of complete tossers, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Just watched a video of the Haye/Chisora "brawl". What a pair of complete tossers, honestly.
    It's deeply embarrassing. Cooper, Bruno & Lewis might have differed widely in ability, but they were all gentlemen. One was proud they carried the Union Jack (metaphorically).

Haye and Chisora are just ****s. No other word.

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    ..... and now the German police give the incident some sort of status by investigating it

Tbf if someone relatively high profile publicly (and repeatedly) announced that they intended to shoot somebody, I imagine the UK police would do similarly.

Apparently Haye also tried to hit one of Chisora's entourage over the head with a camera tripod, as one does.

Yeah, it was, all jokes aside, much like a brawl wrestling fans are accustomed to seeing. Just crazy.

Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread Information