Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by Clapo View Post
    Weak. Sad to see a former great refusing to admit his time has passed. Wants to get out whilst he still has a few marbles rolling around upstairs.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    Well it will be a busy couple of months for Pacquiao. He will stand for election as a Congressman at the end of May.
    And appear in court as well as getting his clock cleaned by Mayweather should the fight ever happen

Ricky Hatton in boxer not knowing when to retire shocker

Rather amusingly blamed his preparation and training camp for his last defeat. Nothing to do with being outclassed, then?

Ballooning by three and half stone between fights probably didn't help his cause tho.

International Vice-Captain King Pietersen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Ballooning by three and half stone between fights probably didn't help his cause tho.
    That's a stupid amount of weight to put on between fights, basically 50lbs. I thought Anthony Johnson, the UFC fighter was mad for cutting between 30 and 35lbs to get down to Welterweight for each fight, but a guy like Hatton putting on 50lbs between fights is just ridiculous, his kidney's must be majorly screwed.

Manny now looking like a proper tool for backing out of Mayweather fight due to problems with testing procedures

Whether he is clean or not, it doesnt look good when the very next opponent (who is arguably a better fighter and has also been subject to rumours) is willing to submit to the very same tests

International Captain thierry henry's Avatar
    Anyone else psyched for Mayweather v Mosley?

Shall I take that as a no?

Aye. Mosley of 5 years ago would've been a good match, but now...

Still love to see him shock Mayweather, but would be some turn up.

TBH, the whole "Mosley is over the hill" thing is well overdone as the guy is undoubtedly still one of the best 15 fighters in the world (and top 3 at this weight) and undoubtedly a much tougher opponent than someone like Joshua Clottey who Pac fought

This will be a tough fight for Mayweather but I expect him to win a decision as, until proven otherwise, he's the best IMO

Aside from a brief spell in the second round, this was pretty much a clinic from Mayweather

Manny better stay away from him unless he wants a huge pay day in return for a beating

How do you reckon Floyd would go against Paul Williams? A massive size mismatch obviously, but Floyd is the welterweight champ so if Williams can make welterweight then fair's fair. Obviously P4P Williams isn't in Mayweather's class (or Pacquiao's, or Mosley's) but he'd be a challenge the likes of which Floyd hasn't faced before. Williams is listed 6'1" but looks more like 6'3" in comparison to the listed heights of other fighters.

Of course it'll never happen....but in a way I think it'd almost be more of a challenge for Floyd than Pacquiao.

[QUOTE=thierry henry;2218659]How do you reckon Floyd would go against Paul Williams? A massive size mismatch obviously, but Floyd is the welterweight champ so if Williams can make welterweight then fair's fair. Obviously P4P Williams isn't in Mayweather's class (or Pacquiao's, or Mosley's) but he'd be a challenge the likes of which Floyd hasn't faced before. Williams is listed 6'1" but looks more like 6'3" in comparison to the listed heights of other fighters.

Of course it'll never happen....but in a way I think it'd almost be more of a challenge for Floyd than Pacquiao.[/QUOT

Certainly brings something "different"

I was very impressed with Williams until his last couple of outings and now tend to think that Floyd would probably bust him up to the weight-drained midsection if PW could get down to 147 again

Whilst boxing is a funny game and people tend to get "old" very quickly, Floyd appears to have the advantage over someone like RJJ in that he is technically brilliant and doesnt rely totally on speed

That being the case, I dont see anyone from his weight "range" beating him whilst he continues to fight at his current level unless it's by virtue of one or 2 great shots - he simply doesnt get hit enough to lose a decision

Any interest from our British contingent in Amir Khan?

I know Paulie Malignaggi is a feather-fisted showboater, but he has good speed and decent skills and Khan just totally demolished him. tbh I was pretty surprised that Khan could repeatedly beat a boxer known for his quick hands to the punch like that. Probably worth pointing out by way of comparison that Malignaggi gave a world class guy like Cotto a really good fight and yet Khan demolished him.

Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread Information