Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing thread

International Captain
    Boxing desperately needs a new heavyweight with credibility to come along. This pair of nonces are an embarrassment to the Title.

Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Guys, Valuev is WOEFUL!

He wins because of size and corruption in equal measure

Haye will win if he doesnt fall over from exhaustion

If he does, he'll be about the 5th/10th best heavy in the world and make millions because he holds an alphabet title
    I don't think either of us ever said contrary to this to be honest.

Haye. WAG.
    Stole a chair from his hotel so he could be comfortable pre-fight as the facilities at the arena didn't have any soft chairs

Quote Originally Posted by Lillian Thomson View Post
    Boxing desperately needs a new heavyweight with credibility to come along. This pair of nonces are an embarrassment to the Title.
    The Klitschkos would both be top tier Heavys at any period in history. They are on a different planet to anyone else currently. In fact Vitali is one of the most skilled, fit and active heavy I have seen. An absolute specimin.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Guys, Valuev is WOEFUL!

He wins because of size and corruption in equal measure

Haye will win if he doesnt fall over from exhaustion

If he does, he'll be about the 5th/10th best heavy in the world and make millions because he holds an alphabet title
    Woeful is very harsh. I dont think he is special but he is more than just a freak show.

He slaps his punches and doesnt have the power you may expect but he is very active for a guy his size.

In my opnion Haye should win this fight if he stays busy, moves and last the 12 rounds. However, having a game plan is different to executing one and Valuev is a pretty intimidating figure.

Saying all that, Ill not be watching this. Fedor fights tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    The Klitschkos would both be top tier Heavys at any period in history. They are on a different planet to anyone else currently. In fact Vitali is one of the most skilled, fit and active heavy I have seen. An absolute specimin.
    Would rate the Heavies of the 90's Holyfield, Bowe Lewis & Tyson ahead of both Klitschkos. Reckon Vitali would be competative but Wlad's chin would let him down.

International Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    For a minute there I thought you were serious.

Just watching the Haye Undercard now as shown me that one of the big things UFC shows has over boxing at the moment is that you get a decent card. UFC usually has 2 main events and really decent competative undercard fights faught in front of full houses who can get into the fights. The typical Boxing PPV will have the main event then sod all. The undercard's are usually 1 sided fights faught in front of empty seats. Some of the shows quite frankly are abysmal.

It wasn't always like that I remember when Frank Warren 1st started doing PPV's in the UK when Naz was all conquering it would be a standard 3 World Title fights.

Fortunately in the UK we get UFC PPV's for free & I manage to get box office events for free but if the day comes when I have to pay & choose what PPV's to watch it will be UFC all the way.

Haye has to dominate a lot more than this if he wants to win. Judges in Germany couldn't lie straight in bed.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by chalky View Post
    Would rate the Heavies of the 90's Holyfield, Bowe Lewis & Tyson ahead of both Klitschkos. Reckon Vitali would be competative but Wlad's chin would let him down.
    IMO, Vitali would have dismantled a prime Tyson, even if you class him as a 90s fighter (which I wouldnt). Too technical, too big, too skilled and his jab would have just demoralized Tyson. He would have had no trouble with Bowe either.

Tyson-Wladimir would have been a hell of a fight. Id give the edge to Tyson (for the reason you mention) but I doubt he would have fought an athlete with the size, speed and power of Wlad. Would be a barnstormer.

The one I will agree with you is Lewis. I think Lewis is often underappreciated by some due to his style. He is possibly a top 5 heavyweight of all time. He has an amazing resume.

Vitali and Wlad are a class apart from anything else around at the moment. Im not saying current Heavies are amazing just that these guys are special.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Why has he waited til this last round to actually throw a decent number of punches?

Basically left himself to the mercy of corrupt turds.
    He clearly won the last but I dont think he won the fight. I cant think I gave him more than 3 rounds. Just didnt do enough IMO.

I dont think it would be corrupt if Valuev wins. Just a bad fight that Haye tried to avoid taking part in. Just a lack of intent.
    Last edited by Goughy; 07-11-2009 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Why has he waited til this last round to actually throw a decent number of punches?

Basically left himself to the mercy of corrupt turds.
    Yeah that's what I'm asking.

He obviously felt as though he was leading the whole fight. Proved what he could do in that last round though. Credit to him for sticking to the plan, whether it worked or not is another thing,

He's done it! He's ****ing done it!
    CARN Haye!

Valuev was ****ing awful.

Didn't expect that from the judges

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information