• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst Sporting Venues?

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
Highbury. Looked godawful on TV. Thank God they tore it down.
take it you've never been there then 8-)

highbury had a certain magic about it, it was a real football ground, and even though it turned into the library in the last few years it could still whip up a loud and intimidating atmosphere on certain nights.

it was one of the countries most classy and beautiful grounds.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bring back that old Villa Park stand imo. Sure it obscured some people's views but it make it look classy in a Victorian sense.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
TBh, the Headingley cricket stadium isn't actually as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I've watched about 30 or so games there, and played there as well, and sure it might not be the best looking ground about, but it certainly isn't the ugliest imo.

Matteh

What's the ugliest then?

I'd place Edgbaston and Lords up there as two of the better looking.

open365

International Vice-Captain
I used to think Edgbaston looked awful when i saw it on the TV but i went there for Twenty20 finals day(2004 i think) and it was one of the best grounds i've ever been to.

Ugliest has got to be Derby, the place looks like a ****hole.

Matteh

I used to think Edgbaston looked awful when i saw it on the TV but i went there for Twenty20 finals day(2004 i think) and it was one of the best grounds i've ever been to.

Ugliest has got to be Derby, the place looks like a ****hole.
Think now they've done up the Eric Hollies stand it looks better than it used to. Usually end up sitting in there myself.