• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Name sports you cannot bear to watch

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Didn't picture it itbt :p
Are you calling me fat? :ph34r:

ITBT, I used to run long-distance, middle-distance and sprint, depending on what the team needed of me, but long-distances were my favourite. Then I got a bad chest, recovered from that only to have gotten serious with a godforsaken woman. Now I'm hopelessly unfit, shame. Should get fit again, though I could never really see myself on the track or cross-country again.

Dr_Brad

Banned
Cadell Evans finished second ( without drugs) and I think 80% of the other riders too.
You sure your not on drugs most of the riders are on drugs and it needs to get out of the sport or else it'll have drug cheats to the day we die :huh:

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You sure your not on drugs most of the riders are on drugs and it needs to get out of the sport or else it'll have drug cheats to the day we die :huh:
It's been around for 40+ years tbh and it's not isolated to cycling either.

lionheart

School Boy/Girl Captain
I like pretty much all sports and I’ve learnt to be indifferent about others. But as far as sports that I cannot bear to watch go...AFL...is the only one. For the life on me, I do not understand how anyone could watch this rubbish. There’s no form to it, the players seem to be constantly dropping the ball and fumbling around, they miss simple kicks on goal, the tackles are so soft and then there is the bizarre passing system...I could go on, but I shall end it there. Worst sport ever.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I like pretty much all sports and I’ve learnt to be indifferent about others. But as far as sports that I cannot bear to watch go...AFL...is the only one. For the life on me, I do not understand how anyone could watch this rubbish. There’s no form to it, the players seem to be constantly dropping the ball and fumbling around, they miss simple kicks on goal, the tackles are so soft and then there is the bizarre passing system...I could go on, but I shall end it there. Worst sport ever.
It's easy enough to understand if you actually bother tbh.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
It is not that bad once you understand the rules and figure out what they are doing. Anyway still a gun post though.

(Y)

lionheart

School Boy/Girl Captain
It is not that bad once you understand the rules and figure out what they are doing. Anyway still a gun post though.

(Y)
Haha cheers. Nah, living in Canberra I've have had to put up with a lot of Aussie Rules, I've even played a bit in high school comps back in the day (only because they were short on players, school pride and...ahem...an afternoon off a week). I still maintain its the only sport I legitimately have no time for - but mainly I just wanted to have dig at the game and see how worked up the AFL types would get. Obviously not very :laugh:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Motor sport would probably be the only one I literally couldn't stand to watch, as it just ****s me on every possible level, and rugby league is tough to get through as well. I wouldn't choose to watch, say, athletics under normal circumstances, but I can handle it for a while in the Olympics or whatever.

The only sports I watch on a regular basis are cricket, AFL and soccer, but I have time for most things. The Tour de France for instance I quite enjoy.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Have to strongly disagree with a whole lot of you. Anyone who thinks motorsport is boring should watch the most recent Supercars race in Townsville. I was there, the weather was dreadful but the race was brilliant.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Professional Wrestling - cannot for the life of me understand how grown adults can watch that scripted **** (probably doesn't qualify as a sport TBF)
Boxing, MMA etc. - any sport where the objective is to hit your opponent
Cycling, Long Distance running, Formula 1 - zzz

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cycling, long distance running, motorsports, cross country skiing/skating/running/wtv, equestrian