• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Name sports you cannot bear to watch

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Hell this is a tough question as i like almost all sports but the one i really hate/dislike is probably Motor sport and Basketball.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
My dad raced speedway at a good level (represented NSW at Aus titles and ran into a concrte barrier. Handlebar through the shinbone (Y)) and I've always been around bikes so I enjoy the two wheeled form of motorsport, but I'm not too big on cars. V8's are sort of okay.

I'll watch pretty much anything. Can't stand baseball, netball, gridiron or field hockey.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
My dad raced speedway at a good level (represented NSW at Aus titles and ran into a concrte barrier. Handlebar through the shinbone (Y)) and I've always been around bikes so I enjoy the two wheeled form of motorsport, but I'm not too big on cars. V8's are sort of okay.
Not wishing to pry too much, but what was your dad's name? I was a bit of a speedway nerd as a kid so may've heard of him. Did he ride up here at all? :)

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Nah, was really just a hobby for him. When he started to get serious he had that crash and mum made him stop. He raced a little bit against Crumpy and I think once against Leigh Adams at a meet somewhere in western NSW. His name's Dave, fyi, but I doubt you'll find anything.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Nah, was really just a hobby for him. When he started to get serious he had that crash and mum made him stop. He raced a little bit against Crumpy and I think once against Leigh Adams at a meet somewhere in western NSW. His name's Dave, fyi, but I doubt you'll find anything.
Nah, Dave Smith must be one of the most common anglophone names so doesn't ring a bell. Did he ever race against Dave Jackson or Glen Baxter do you know? Both from Northern Territory and used to ride over here for my team (Mildenhall) in the mid-80s.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I'll ask him when he wakes from his VB induced coma :p

I rode a junior bike when I was about 11 or 12, was probably the most amazing feeling ever. So powerful and untamed. A great sport.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'll ask him when he wakes from his VB induced coma :p

I rode a junior bike when I was about 11 or 12, was probably the most amazing feeling ever. So powerful and untamed. A great sport.
Yeah, def agree. Telly doesn't really ever quite do it justice either. Best experienced live under a shower of shale with the smell of methanol in your nostrils.

Never had the testes to have a go meself tho. :ph34r:

irfan

State Captain
Golf - Unless Happy Gilmore is playing
Motorsport - Woop-di-do I can ride round in circles faster than you
American Football - Can I have my quaterback ??

Langeveldt

Soutie
Rugby League.. It's the only sport I cannot stand and will switch over if it is on television.. Was really annoyed when Radio Five had live commentary of the dirge over the weekend.. Only followed in a few dire suburbs up north, the bastardisation of the superior code should be banned, or at least broadcast on their local radio instead.. Worst sport

Oh, and Speedway is pretty appaling too.. Althought I'll watch that if there is nothing else on

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Rugby League.. It's the only sport I cannot stand and will switch over if it is on television.. Was really annoyed when Radio Five had live commentary of the dirge over the weekend.. Only followed in a few dire suburbs up north, the bastardisation of the superior code should be banned, or at least broadcast on their local radio instead.. Worst sport
Good lad. :thumbup:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Only followed in a few dire suburbs up north
Excuse me, but "a few dire suburbs" doesn't make Super League the 4th highest attended domestic competition in the England. A sport followed in "a few dire suburbs" wouldn't get crowds of 74,000 for the league and cup finals. A sport only followed in "a few dire suburbs" wouldn't get forums with 28,000 more members than this one. And I'll tell you ****ing what. There'd be alot more ****ing fans if the national media ever paid any interest to the sport at all. Say what the **** you like about the sport, that's personal opinion, but do not underestimate the followers.

And shut it, Pup Clarke.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Excuse me, but "a few dire suburbs" doesn't make Super League the 4th highest attended domestic competition in the England. A sport followed in "a few dire suburbs" wouldn't get crowds of 74,000 for the league and cup finals. A sport only followed in "a few dire suburbs" wouldn't get forums with 28,000 more members than this one. And I'll tell you ****ing what. There'd be alot more ****ing fans if the national media ever paid any interest to the sport at all. Say what the **** you like about the sport, that's personal opinion, but do not underestimate the followers.

And shut it, Pup Clarke.
How can the national media not be paying the sport any interest at all when it's games are covered live on Sky and on Radio Five? To be fair, for the amount of exposure it gets, surely it should be creating a bit more interest down here (among people who could potentially like the sport).. We get sod all in the way of domestic rugby union on the radio, which really gets my goat when I have to listen to Warrington v Whoever...