• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Name sports you cannot bear to watch

Josh

International Regular
Thought it'd be interesting for a thread on people's most hated sports that they absolutely CANNOT watch under any circumstances.

I'm thinking more mainstream, not things like synchronised swimming or equestrian.

For me, basketball is an absolute shocker, so is field hockey; just can't do it!!

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I find basketball difficult to watch, mainly because of the squeaky shoes, but other than that it's pretty enjoyable. I don't mind most sports, usually pretty good.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Any motorsport
Seconded. I know a few people who are into it - people I usually agree with about sports and the like - so I've attempted to get into it and I've really given it some time. Just can't get any enjoyment out of it though.

Craig

World Traveller
Horse related events.

Rugby when it is a penalty kick and drop kick-athon. FFS what is the point of having a backline out there? FTR I like rugby, more into the internationals then anything, but I'll still watch it and I know the players etc.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Any motorsport
Formula 1 sucks arse, but I do have a fair bit of time for two-wheeled motorsport & speedway in particular.

I'm not a horse racing fan, but can see the appeal & would watch it at a push. I do think that if you took the gambling aspect out of it it'd die on its arse tho. Goes double for the dogs, obv.

Worst sport is probably walking tho; I mean FFS why in this day & age is it still an Olympic sport? Every ****er seems to cheat as well, so it's doubly pointless.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Basketball really, unless it's the Olympics and the Americans are losing. I struggle to watch any Rugby League as well. Other than that, I'll watch most other sport. Field hockey is also quite tedious because of the amount of fouls in it and the over-importance of the penalty corner.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Basketball really, unless it's the Olympics and the Americans are losing. I struggle to watch any Rugby League as well. Other than that, I'll watch most other sport. Field hockey is also quite tedious because of the amount of fouls in it and the over-importance of the penalty corner.
I kinda agree about the penalty corners in field hockey......it wasn't such of an issue when hockey used to be played on grass but the rules changed at the Montreal OLympics...some would say cynically beacuse the Dutch and the Germans were finding it impossible to match the skills of Pakistan and India on grass. But Astro-Turf brings the power game into the equation.