Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Name sports you cannot bear to watch

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Do you think that strategy plays no part in Athletics? The 800/1500 are as tactical as it gets, who can forget Kelly Holmes brilliant strategic performance in Athens 04. And long-distance running is not jogging. Grinds my gears that
    Naah long distance is clearly jogging until the last 400m really and then it's whoever can sprint around the track and keep it up to the line that wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    Indeed, I'm no cycling expert but it annoys me how you are slagging off athletics for being boring, monotonous and simple, when cycling is pretty much the exact same thing. Not for a fan of either sport, obviously, but for a neutral I think they would find athletics far more interesting to watch, and don't usually put down the different events.
    Since when does cycling go around literally the same 400 metres over and over? (track cycling excepted.) Watching people run around the same flat 400m track is clearly more boring to watch than cyclists going along a large stretch of road, some of which is flat, but you get undulating terrain and then of course mountains. Not to mention that it goes through some of the most beautiful areas in the world. Now compare that to the view inside a stadium and well meh.

Motor sports and animal racing are dire in general. Cycling and long-distance running are boring to watch but awesome sports. Both, especially the latter, require plenty of strategy. Takes some time to really appreciate golf. Baseball seems dull at first but is another good sport to watch. Soccer (football) is usually great to watch (except for those **** matches where the ball is always being headed around ... FFS, it's football) and relatively easy to understand for anyone. American football, on the other hand, is very exciting and easily one of the most intricate and complex of all sports.

Banned
    Yawnion and car racing; just to name a few.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    Since when does cycling go around literally the same 400 metres over and over? (track cycling excepted.) Watching people run around the same flat 400m track is clearly more boring to watch than cyclists going along a large stretch of road, some of which is flat, but you get undulating terrain and then of course mountains. Not to mention that it goes through some of the most beautiful areas in the world. Now compare that to the view inside a stadium and well meh.
    Once again you seem to fail to grasp the fact that athletics isn't exclusively running around a track. I realise there are different aspects to cycling, even on the Tour de France there will be hill stages etc.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Naah long distance is clearly jogging until the last 400m really and then it's whoever can sprint around the track and keep it up to the line that wins.
    Please tell me you don't actually believe that? I challenge you to "jog" for 26 miles 385 ydds in 2 hours 19 minutes. As the son of a relatively successful marathon runner, and a former long-distance runner myself, you are so far off the mark it's not true. I suspect that you know that though.

What about Marathon running? Cross-country?

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose
    The internet is a big garbage can

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Breakout Champion!
    Hahaha. So dire.

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Please tell me you don't actually believe that? I challenge you to "jog" for 26 miles 385 ydds in 2 hours 19 minutes. As the son of a relatively successful marathon runner, and a former long-distance runner myself, you are so far off the mark it's not true. I suspect that you know that though.
    Didn't picture it itbt
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Curling.

International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    Football.

I really can't get my head round the appeal of it, as a kid i could stand it, but now i wouldn't even watch the world cup final if England ever got through.

Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Didn't picture it itbt
    Are you calling me fat?

ITBT, I used to run long-distance, middle-distance and sprint, depending on what the team needed of me, but long-distances were my favourite. Then I got a bad chest, recovered from that only to have gotten serious with a godforsaken woman. Now I'm hopelessly unfit, shame. Should get fit again, though I could never really see myself on the track or cross-country again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    Masses of drugs too

Cadell Evans finished second ( without drugs) and I think 80% of the other riders too.
    Australians all let us rejoice,for we are 1-2-3.

I'm not young enough to know everything.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronte View Post
    Cadell Evans finished second ( without drugs) and I think 80% of the other riders too.
    You sure your not on drugs most of the riders are on drugs and it needs to get out of the sport or else it'll have drug cheats to the day we die

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Brad View Post
    You sure your not on drugs most of the riders are on drugs and it needs to get out of the sport or else it'll have drug cheats to the day we die
    Where's your proof dude..

Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Brad View Post
    It's been around for 40+ years tbh and it's not isolated to cycling either.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information