• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Salamuddin's ten favourite football goals

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Iain Hume V Notlob @ Breezeblock, Jan14th 2004
Jason Koumas V Everton @ Goodison 2001
Standing by these

lol, amazing that in a relatively brief thread about the best goals in all football ever, dire former NZ Knights striker Sean Devine gets a mention and slightly less dire Wellington Phoenix striker Chris Greenace gets 2.
Wash your mouth out, he's the greatest striker ever to grace your club (Greenacre, that is).

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ronaldinho against Chelsea where he scored literally standing and with very little apparent movement.
Cheers, had forgotten that one. I absolutely love that goal.

Most of my favourite goals are here. Find them much more impressive than any individual goals. The PSV one at about 0:50 is probably my favourite.

Wait, no, Juan Pablo Angel's. Gah I can't decide. Vieira's against Everton is up there too.

Last edited:

cpr

International Coach
YouTube - Le Tissier Top Ten Goals

All of these. Just love le Tissier's approach of 'i'm bored of running now, i'll just smack it in'.
Problem for Le Tiss, got a reputation as a lazy footballer, which sure post injury he got bloated and hardly moved. But in his prime he could run and dribble and beat players, just didn't need to most of the time.

Just love the first goal, the lazy flick up from the free kick. Put him above Gazza and Shearer in the 'Greatest player who we missed out on' list.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Just love the first goal, the lazy flick up from the free kick. Put him above Gazza and Shearer in the 'Greatest player who we missed out on' list.
Interesting you say that - our interest in both Gazza and Shearer is well known and well documented, but was Fergie ever genuinely interested in signing Le Tiss?

cpr

International Coach
Interesting you say that - our interest in both Gazza and Shearer is well known and well documented, but was Fergie ever genuinely interested in signing Le Tiss?
Yeah, made a few bids in the early days of the Prem. Think we went as high as £5m at one point (this is before Chris Sutton went for that much, and long before we paid £7m for Cole). Southampton never bit, and Le Tis never really showed any interest in engineering a move away.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think he preferred being a big fish in a small pond to a potential bench warmer somewhere else. The fact he only got 8 caps (iirc) is a disgrace when you consider how many Kieron Dyer has.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
I stand unmoved from my original post, the best part of three years ago now.

Maradona and Carlos Alberto, easily the greatest.

Check out some Nelinho though...