• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Moto Gp

ripper868

International Coach
didnt spot a previous thread for it.

Is stoner> Rossi?

i know its only the kids first year but damn, he looks the goods.

ripper868

International Coach
all has to start with one though, this year looking like its it. the kid is only 21 after all.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
AWTA

Stoner is gun, but he's no Rossi at this stage. IIRC, Stoner didn't win any of the lower class championships, whereas Rossi has dominated pretty much every class in his career

ripper868

International Coach
probably should have said at start of thread...

i know hes no rossi yet, if it does happen at all, just saying i reckon hes the next one.

good to see vermeuleun on the podium at donington

atisha_ro

U19 12th Man
Moto GP is the best thing in motorsports today imo.
the Stoner vs. Rossi feud reminds me of the times when Schumacher got over Senna in F1, with the notable exception of no deadly incidents.
Stoner may not be the next Rossi but he does definitely look like the next Mick Doohan.

Johnners

The difference being Stoner and Rossi have a gentlemen like respect for each other (as i just realised you mentioned :p)

Matteh

Moto GP is the best thing in motorsports today imo.
the Stoner vs. Rossi feud reminds me of the times when Schumacher got over Senna in F1, with the notable exception of no deadly incidents.
Stoner may not be the next Rossi but he does definitely look like the next Mick Doohan.
Schumacher and Senna didn't really have that much of a rivalry though, can only assume you mean Prost who certainly did have a rivalry with Senna.

Stefano

School Boy/Girl Captain
There was never a rivalry between Senna and Schumacher. Senna died in 1994, when Schumacher had not won a title yet. At that time, Schumacher was considered a very good driver, but he had not reached the legendary status. Actually, there were not real duels between Schumacher and Senna.

As said by Matteh, the real rivalry was between Prost and Senna: let's say that those 2 drivers didn't like each other very much..

Bronte

Cricket Spectator
It's his second year, actually. And he won't be better than Rossi until he wins a trillion world titles in a row like Rossi did.
Stoner is now in a class of his own, just as Rossi was several years ago, nobody can touch Stoner/Ducati at present,and should go on for several years,just as Rossi did.:happy: