• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Formula 1 Thread

PhoenixFire

International Coach
If we already have one of these, just tell me and I'll delete it.

I have never really like it, until Lewis Hamilton came onto the scene: What a gun.

Finally we have a sport where we have someone who could be great at the moment, anyone else watching the US Grand Prix at the moment?

Last edited:

jot1

State Vice-Captain
If we already have one of these, just tell me and I'll delete it.

I have never really like it, until Louis Hamilton came onto the scene: What a gun.

Finally we have a sport where we have someone who could be great at the moment, anyone else watching the US Grand Prix at the moment?
I was and he won. He's 10 points ahead in the championship, now.:)

Majin

International Debutant
Always enjoyed watching the F1, except when it got really boring when Schumacher was dominating everything. Loving it at the moment, getting behind Lewis Hamilton is so exciting and I was chuffed to bits for him when he won for the first time. Been driving like a champ all season, hope he carries it on.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Few years ago, you knew that if Ferrari had the best car, it was a one horse race for the title. At least this season McLaren appear to have the better car and they're much more willing to let both their drivers have a shot at it, hence why it's exciting. Should be a Senna/Prost-esque battle this season.

Natman20

International Debutant
Mclaren back on top. It has been too long. Is Lewis Hamilton the next Schumacher? I think my interest has gone down in F1 over the last few years and am now starting to get into supporting my nation in the A1GP.

Johnners

Hamilton > Schumacher already in my extremely biased opion, because i hated schumacher. I've no doubt Hamilton will end up with more C'ships, and he'll win them in a whole lot Cleaner way the Schumacher did..

Majin

International Debutant
It'll certainly be interesting to watch. I love how over the last two races we've seen the rookie Hamilton calm and composed, and all season driving brilliantly, but the champ Alonso is being pressured seriously and making mistakes because of it. I like both Alonso and Hamilton so it's great stuff. Be more interesting if Ferrari weren't so far off the boil at the moment though.

jot1

State Vice-Captain
Be more interesting if Ferrari weren't so far off the boil at the moment though.
Oh, I don't think Ferrari are so far off. Raikkonon did get fastest lap and a lot of seasons they have started off badly, then come good toward the middle races.:) Rookie Vettel did very well, too. Nice to see new names and faces in the top 10.:)

Matteh

They're not remotely Championship winners atm. They've put something on the car between Bahrain and now and it's doing a crap job.

Johnners

Personally, i think that Ferrari have the 2 most overrated drivers (after ralf, although i guess you have to be rated to be overrated...) in the competition, both have always promised so much, but when the pressure has been on, have rarely delivered.

Matteh

Toyota are the same. Ralf - been said. Trulli - basically can qualify well, but in a race he's average.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Hamilton > Schumacher already in my extremely biased opion, because i hated schumacher. I've no doubt Hamilton will end up with more C'ships, and he'll win them in a whole lot Cleaner way the Schumacher did..
Too early to call. McLaren's been a far stronger team than any this season, whereas Schumi started his career in a mid-field car and outperformed it greatly. Would like to see how Hamilton fares battling through the mid-field in a mid-range car, taking nothing away from Lewis though, definately one of the best talents for a while.

Matteh

Too early to call. McLaren's been a far stronger team than any this season, whereas Schumi started his career in a mid-field car and outperformed it greatly. Would like to see how Hamilton fares battling through the mid-field in a mid-range car, taking nothing away from Lewis though, definately one of the best talents for a while.
Haha, **** off did he.

Hoggy31

International Captain
On Vettel: Red Bull owns Vettel's contract, so expect to see either DC or Webber moved on next year to make way for him, don't see the point in blooding him through Toro Rosso, looks an already made gun.