• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Formula 1 Thread

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ferrari threatens to quite over budget cap plans

Heh, if that isn't a tacit admission that they can only win by outspending everyone then I don't know what is. Wouldn't mind seeing how it goes for a couple of seasons.

Although I hope it's the threat of a two-tier championship is what is getting everyone's fannie sandy rather than the cap advantages.

Johnners

Yeah I had a bit of a chuckle at it really. Probs wouldn't hurt them to actually spend a bit of $$$ on making sure their car is right for next season, as opposed to solely focusing on the current one, which is what seems to have happened with both Ferrari & McLaren last year.

99*

International Debutant
Good ******* riddance.

I like bth ideas tbh, the cap stops those teams with a massive cash advantage (Ferrari, Renault, Toyota and McLaren) just buying a title. And it will result in more stability overall.

A two tier championship (if I have the idea right) is also a great plan. Make two seperate classes and have them compete for seperate championships, like the Le Mans series. Have a $150m cap for the top tier competition with ten cars and a second tier with a $75m cap and ten cars.

duffer

**** me dead I love the Monaco GP. Has to be the greatest circuit of the lot. Just waiting till we get a wet weather GP here one day, it would be insanely dangerous.

duffer

What can't Jensen do? Making it look so easy are the Brawn boys.

Their car is daylight ahead of the rest this year. Disappointing from Vettel though. He had a shocker as did Hamilton.

99*

International Debutant
**** me dead I love the Monaco GP. Has to be the greatest circuit of the lot. Just waiting till we get a wet weather GP here one day, it would be insanely dangerous.
1984, one of the best wet races ever. Was stopped around half distance with Prost winning, despite losing traction on straights. Was Senna's sixth race (in a Toleman iirc) and he was gunning it, making everyone (bar Stefen Bellof) look like they were driving fire-trucks.

Have to say, this weekend is becoming one of my favourites, Monaco GP, Indy 500 not much else you could ask for.

Scaly piscine

Never found driving in formation that entertaining personally with regards to the typical Monaco GP.

Points table showing how stupid the flat points system is. Winning should be worth a big chunk more than 2nd and 3rd like it used to be. Jensen deserves to be miles ahead of the rest, he has a mechanical retirement and someone bumps him off and Barrichello could be leading the championship when he's not in the same league.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Never found driving in formation that entertaining personally with regards to the typical Monaco GP.

Points table showing how stupid the flat points system is. Winning should be worth a big chunk more than 2nd and 3rd like it used to be.
Jensen deserves to be miles ahead of the rest, he has a mechanical retirement and someone bumps him off and Barrichello could be leading the championship when he's not in the same league.
Completely agree, racing should be about going for the win. Mind you, they want to do away with points atogether next season don't they?

cpr

International Coach
Like points down to 8th personally, means a bit more racing and more drivers rewarded for completing the race, which given the amount of concentration and the mechanical pressure on the car, is an achievement in itself. Plus with the rules that certain parts cant be replaced every single race unless they break, minimises big teams pulling a driver out who's having a mare because something importants 'broke' and needs replacing/improving next time out

Matt79

Global Moderator
Got digital tv as of last weekend, loved being able to watch Monaco at a decent hour.

Good to see Webber finally enjoying a bit of luck, although Vettel appears to have his measure in terms of qualifying etc, which is pretty much a first for Mark.

Barichello must have some kind of record for the most 2nd place finishes surely?