• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Formula 1 Thread

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cut the chicane, gave the place back to Raikkonen, that's the advantage lost. Raikkonen hit Hamilton down at the bottom of the main straight, weaved defending down the main straight. Rosberg's dangerous driving causing Hamilton to have to go on the grass, Raikkonen using the run off areas instead of the track to gain an advantage, the fact Raikkonen binned it in the wall. Jeez, so many reasons why it's a **** decision.

99*

International Debutant
Lewis was screwed, had he been in a red car that would not have been looked at.

Amazed that no one in the media has pointed out Lewis slowed and let Kimi pass or the fact that Lewis was avoiding a probable crash.

Matteh

Lewis was screwed, had he been in a red car that would not have been looked at.

Amazed that no one in the media has pointed out Lewis slowed and let Kimi pass or the fact that Lewis was avoiding a probable crash.
Kimi was going 6kph faster than Lewis over the start/finish according to McLaren.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Cut the chicane, gave the place back to Raikkonen, that's the advantage lost. Raikkonen hit Hamilton down at the bottom of the main straight, weaved defending down the main straight. Rosberg's dangerous driving causing Hamilton to have to go on the grass, Raikkonen using the run off areas instead of the track to gain an advantage, the fact Raikkonen binned it in the wall. Jeez, so many reasons why it's a **** decision.
Yep definitely. Such a joke. Even though I want a Ferrari to win the driver's championship I certainly don't want it to be like this. Hopefully the appeal is successful because really...that decision is terrible.

I remember Schumacher doing a similar thing in 2006 and they all justified his decision by saying, "there was nowhere else he could go". In fact, I think he may even have kept the position.

FIA has gotten progressively worse since that Austrian GP when Barrichello slowed down to let Schumacher extend his lead in the championship to 700.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Read in the paper earlier that McLaren shouldn't technically be able to appeal as you can't appeal a pit lane penalty, and that it was basically a retrospectively applied penalty. Didn't see the race, haven't watched much this season, but I find the whole thing to be farcical. By taking 25 seconds off Hamilton I understand that puts him 11 seconds behind, but to assume he wouldn't have made the time up had he had to take the penalty? I don't think you can make that sort of assumption. F1 making a bit of a mockery itself at the business end for the second year in a row.

Matteh

For me, the incident became null and void after Raikkonen slammed it into the wall with Hamilton nowhere in sight.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Why don't you then? Paying about $4 iirc.

If there's a bit of rain about then Vettel is more than capable of doing what's required. It's not really forseeable though. Average drivers/cars that start at the front always choke. See how many times Webber has been on the front row and how many of those races resulted in a DNF.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Why don't you then? Paying about $4 iirc.

If there's a bit of rain about then Vettel is more than capable of doing what's required. It's not really forseeable though. Average drivers/cars that start at the front always choke. See how many times Webber has been on the front row and how many of those races resulted in a DNF.
Exactly my thoughts, and if I were going out anywhere I would probs have a bet, but I really cbf.

social

Good performance from Vettel
Brilliant

Interesting to hear that not one driver in Formula One had any sympathy for Hamilton re his 25 second penalty - not much respect for the way he drives apparently (a sentimentified that will only be intensified in Webber after Lewis punted him off the track today)

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Wasn't just Webber either. Muscled several cars off the road just to climb into the points. Hope Massa wins the championship.

social

Wasn't just Webber either. Muscled several cars off the road just to climb into the points. Hope Massa wins the championship.
Lots of excuses from the English commentators for the early incidents (spray etc) but all they said about Webber's was that he "did a Schumacher"

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah good to see an Englishman doing it the dirty way tbh, it's the only way we get any success in sports

Matteh

Webber twitched and hit Lewis after Lewis drifted across to squeeze him out of the corner.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Didn't watch the race, how is it possible that Vettel won legit?? Must have been a hell of a drive.