• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Formula 1 Thread

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Because he wasn't good enough?
Not like Hakkinen was amazing, he just ended up playing second fiddle to him because of that 'gentleman's agreement'. The impression that you get with him though is that of a very solid number 2 rather than someone you'd put as your main driver.

Johnners

Awesome race from Kimi at Silverstone, easily had the fastest car all weekend imo.

Josh

International Regular
Impressed with Kubica to come back after that horrifying airborne crash. Massive effort, tbh. He's a decent driver, that kid.

Majin

International Debutant
****ing hell, I've missed the last couple of races and had no idea he was back driving already. What a gun, big respect for the man.

Matteh

****ing hell, I've missed the last couple of races and had no idea he was back driving already. What a gun, big respect for the man.
He wanted to race in Indianapolis the weekend after, but the doctors reckoned if he did it again then he'd get a severe injury because his body had been smashed about a bit (even though nothing broke) the weekend before. Came back for France last week.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Was looking at RK's wiki page and I have a question:

Has anyone else ever been disqualified on their Formula 1 début?

Johnners

Interesting times ahead with the Hamilton/Alonso battle, one must wonder if we'll see both of them driven for McLaren in '08

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Well yeah, I'm not too sure that anyone really believed it, I guess the PR manager or someone told them to do it.

Hoggy31

International Captain
I'm gonna find Sebastian Vettel and eat his children. ****ing ****.

Nah, Alonso ****ed him over essentially - all was fine before that, he was 2nd, had Vettel 3 or 4 seconds behind with Heikki a further 20 or so down the road, and most importantly of all he was catching Hamilton.

Josh

International Regular
I almost cried when my mum told me what happened.

Loved Webber's interview, though lol.

Johnners

I'm gonna find Sebastian Vettel and eat his children. ****ing ****.

Nah, Alonso ****ed him over essentially - all was fine before that, he was 2nd, had Vettel 3 or 4 seconds behind with Heikki a further 20 or so down the road, and most importantly of all he was catching Hamilton.
AWTA, the man has no luck.

Scaly piscine

Thought I'd dig this up while the stewards are busy screwing over Hamilton to make the thing slightly more interesting.

Massa & Ferrari try to their best to cause an accident in the pit lane - not even a drivethrough penalty.

If only Hamilton was a German, then he'd get everything nilwitted decision go in his favour.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Thought I'd dig this up while the stewards are busy screwing over Hamilton to make the thing slightly more interesting.

Massa & Ferrari try to their best to cause an accident in the pit lane - not even a drivethrough penalty.

If only Hamilton was a German, then he'd get everything nilwitted decision go in his favour.
Stewards are a joke. No way was that deserving of a penalty. Especially as it didnt have any effect on the race outcome either.