• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Formula 1 Thread

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
JENSON! Worth waiting four hours for!

That was magnificent. Six stops, 21st place at one stage, and a phenomenal closing effort. What odds could you have got on that one at mid-distance?

Wonder if anyone's ever won a race having made six stops before?

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm, Lewis. I suppose that happened because you're black, too?
There's no way that crash was his fault, at worst it's 50/50, but the blame lies with Button afaic.

Race start behind the safety car was just plain ridiculous, definitely agreed with the decision to red flag though.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I don't get the speeding behind the safety car rule - how come Button was pinged for it, but what Vettel did at each restart was OK?

biased indian

International Coach
JENSON! Worth waiting four hours for!

That was magnificent. Six stops, 21st place at one stage, and a phenomenal closing effort. What odds could you have got on that one at mid-distance?

Wonder if anyone's ever won a race having made six stops before?
hmmm

so it would have been worth to stay wake till 3 AM in the morning..went to sleep around 1 AM when they red flagged it :(

Last edited:

cpr

International Coach
I don't get the speeding behind the safety car rule - how come Button was pinged for it, but what Vettel did at each restart was OK?
Technically Vettel's restarts are when the track has been deemed safe, hence the car coming in, wheras Button was going too fast on a track that is known to have dangers on it. Fair call IMO.

However Hamilton, oh dear, bad weekend all round there.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I guessed it was something like that, although didn't they have a rule that the cars had to stay within a certain distance from the car in front or has that also been scrapped? They seem to change the rules so often it does kind of stop the casual fan from keeping track of things!

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can someone confirm the highly unlikely rumour that someone passed someone else in an F1 GP over the weekend, and there wasn't a break down of a car involved?

When is the commemorative poster being released?

shivfan

Banned
I agree with Bernie here....

Ecclestone: 'People are wrong to attack Lewis Hamilton' - Motor Racing, Sport - The Independent

'Bernie Ecclestone came to Lewis Hamilton's defence yesterday and said he is getting tired of the endless criticism of his driving, even from his own close friends such as triple world champion Niki Lauda, who said it was time the FIA punished the British driver. "People have been wrong to rubbish Lewis," Ecclestone said. "What we want is people racing, and all the people who watch it want that. If you analyse what's been happening and how other drivers have been performing, Lewis shows up very well, and so do Sebastian [Vettel] and Jenson [Button]. So let him race. That's what people like him do. I was very, very good friends with [Ayrton] Senna, and if you look at what he did, he was a racer too, and people had to move over for him. Perhaps Lewis has made one or two questionable moves, but so have many of the others, and nobody bothers to look what's happening further down the field. It's always been like this. We saw a lot of people racing in Canada on Sunday, and Jenson did a super job. That's what the fans want to see."'

shivfan

Banned
Congrats to Vettel for retaining his title....

Schumacher makes some questionable moves, and he escapes censure....

I wonder if that would've happened if it was Lewis Hamilton.
:unsure:

videll

Cricket Spectator
I would have loved to see a Ferrari on top for the Monza race but Vettel was just too much to contain. For the first laps, I was even opening the idea of having Schumi on the podium but time and again, the age really took the better of him, though displaying a good fight with Hamilton on a number of instances.

Massa was also looking good though he could be contented with 6th even with suffering a spin from a collision with Webber.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sensational drive from Perez yesterday, such a shame he couldn't quite pull it off.

Will be interesting to see if Massa is still with Ferrari by the time they get to Silverstone.