• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Formula 1 Thread

joels344

U19 Debutant
I glad that Vettel won the title. I was really rooting for Mark Webber, because I've been a fan of his for years. I'll take anyone over Alonso, though. The guy is a completely asshole.

biased indian

International Coach
I actually attended 3 grand prix this year (but, tbf, didnt pay for any :laugh: and that was of business not interest) and am a regular watcher due to its timing on tv more than anything else

IMO, Formula 1 has been more interesting in the last 2 seasons but only because different teams have been in with a chance of winning

Whilst it remains the pinnacle of technology, the racing pales into insignificance when compared to Moto GP, World Superbikes, IndyCars, Nascar, V8s etc and literally the only reason to attend such an event is because of the "off track" action
i too like V8 more than F1...but cant stand Indy and Nascar

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone else watching the Aussie GP?

"Like watching grass grow" is a term that springs readily to mind

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone else watching the Aussie GP?

"Like watching grass grow" is a term that springs readily to mind
Doing the Shanghai GP next month. Looking forward to the corporate hospitality, couldn't care less about watching cars go around in circles. Use to enjoy it as a kid, got up especially early for races from Aus, loved Schumacher's battles with Hill and it all just seemed more exciting even with Schumacher being so dominate.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone see the Moto GP today?

Valentino Rossi WAC

Inexcusable stuff from a guy of his experience

99*

International Debutant
Anyone see the Moto GP today?

Valentino Rossi WAC

Inexcusable stuff from a guy of his experience
Rossi goes to apologize to him and Stoner says,

"Your ambition outweighs your talent."

Bit bloody stupid saying that to a guy that's one 7 titles.

ripper868

International Coach
Rossi goes to apologize to him and Stoner says,

"Your ambition outweighs your talent."

Bit bloody stupid saying that to a guy that's one 7 titles.
Think it was "your ambition outweighed your talent" - being specific to that instance on that corner - not his career on the whole.

Stupid stuff from Rossi, but Stoner could have been less of a **** about it as well, annoyed as he may have been.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
For **** sake, red flag now.

You guys are paid millions of dollars a year because you're supposedly the best drivers in the world. Get on with it.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Totally agreed with Brundle & Jordan, too - starting under the safety car was ridiculous.

Suppose the restart will be under the saftey car as well.

EDIT: To be fair, the red flag right now is totally justified, as the track is now under water.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Totally agreed with Brundle & Jordan, too - starting under the safety car was ridiculous.

Suppose the restart will be under the saftey car as well.

EDIT: To be fair, the red flag right now is totally justified, as the track is now under water.
Disagree with the red flag being justified. I've seen far wetter races in the past.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Considering there is a risk of water getting inside the electrics of the car, I'd say that the reason for calling it off for the time being is fairly justified.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Jesus. I hope Maylander is getting paid overtime today.

Would double waved yellows not have sufficed for that? Not sure it was a 50:50 incident either. I have the feeling that had that been Lewis rather than Fernando there would have been rather more flak flying right about now.

Last edited: