• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Formula 1 Thread

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hamilton's quicker than Alonso for mine. Think McLaren will be more on the ball compared to Ferrari as well next season, they've had their decade of dominance and having lost all the key components of that time will start slipping backwards.

Can't see any of the new teams being anything other than backmarkers in this season, Renault are definitely going backwards, Red Bull/Brawn was a one-off for mine, Williams make sneak a surprise win leaving it a straight fight between the regular two teams.

biased indian

International Coach
Hamilton's quicker than Alonso for mine. Think McLaren will be more on the ball compared to Ferrari as well next season, they've had their decade of dominance and having lost all the key components of that time will start slipping backwards.

Can't see any of the new teams being anything other than backmarkers in this season, Renault are definitely going backwards, Red Bull/Brawn was a one-off for mine, Williams make sneak a surprise win leaving it a straight fight between the regular two teams.
hope its not the that way..don't like Lewis & Alonso :)

social

Just lost your money...

Given that it was clear that Mercedes are wanting a German team, it wasn't the best call to make.
That's why dont bet!

Cant believe that Merc would be stupid enough to hose money up against the wall by employing average drivers just because they're German

Can only assume that they're looking for stop gaps until Vettel becomes available

99*

International Debutant
I love McLaren so, so much. Hamilton and Button, the new Senna/Prost hopefully.

Pothas

There is very little between Hamilton and Alonso when it comes to speed but Alonso certainly makes less mistakes, he has been driving so well the last two years in a dreadfull car, the way he nearly always managed to drag that car into the top 10 for qualifying was amazing. Think it will be a great fight between him and Lewis next season.

Johnners

Main reason Alonso's been dragging the car to decent Qualifying performances is because for the most part he's been running extremely light iirc. Agree that he's an excellent driver though

profernity

U19 Debutant
I thought Kimi was going to WRC in 2010 with Citroen. Besides, I thought part of the problem with his negotiations with McLaren was the number of promo days he had to do, and he couldn't sign with Brawn because Merc had had enough of him not being German enough for their liking. In an interview with f1.com (The Official Formula 1 Website), Kimi says:

Q: What about moving to the newly formed Mercedes GP team? Have you put out any feelers towards Brackley?
KR:
No, I have not held talks with Brawn. I feel they will run two German drivers next year now that Mercedes are involved.

Matteh

kimi rumored to become Mercedes driver along with Nico Roseberg
Not sure where you're getting your gossip from, but it's way off.
Kimi's basically locked in for a WRC drive next year now the top McLaren spot has gone.

Surely a cert that Heidfeld is going to Mercedes, all this Schumacher rubbish is just getting press for Brawn/Mercedes.

biased indian

International Coach
Kimi's basically locked in for a WRC drive next year now the top McLaren spot has gone.

Surely a cert that Heidfeld is going to Mercedes, all this Schumacher rubbish is just getting press for Brawn/Mercedes.
Not exactly sure where i heard.. it was on TV for sure..think it was the sports center on ESPN

Matteh

Latest one of interest i've heard is Villeneuve going to Lotus.
De La Rosa is supposed to be going to Sauber.

Interestingly i've heard nothing about where Kovalainen is going. If i had to say though, i'd have him down for the 2nd seat at Renault.

Pothas

Must admit that this was my initial reaction as well but it is actually going to happen, the results will be intersting I suppose, am not overly thrilled by the news as I have seen that man win enough races but am in some ways looking forward to it, would not begrudge him at least one win. Think we can be confident that he will competative but do not expect him to be the fastest on the grid by any means, will be facinating how he goes against Rosberg though.

Matteh

The latest theory about the move is that he's a one season stop-gap until they can get the German they really want next season when Vettel's contract at Red Bull is up, which i can very much believe.
I'm of the theory that Brawn will be woefully uncompetitive this season and will be an average midfield team, so it'll be interesting to see how he goes. Certainly won't be welcoming him back, have a 15 year hatred of the guy from Adelaide '94.

Heidfeld will almost certainly end up at Sauber with Koybiashi now.

My guess at Kovalainen was wrong as well, he's gone to Lotus with Trulli.

Pothas

Yeah I heard that theory that he is a stop-gap for Vettel, certainly makes sense but if will be interesting to see what happens if Red Bull continue to make progess, especially in comparison that Mercedes do, think they will do a good deal better than you are predicting (although at this stage it is pretty hard to tell) but would be surprised if they are fighting for the title.

Matteh

I just think that at the start of last season they were in a complete fluke one off in having an absolutely perfect car and during the season everyone caught up. Really can't see Ferrari/McLaren being as slow this season, which'll knock Mercedes further back in the pecking order.

Of course as you say, there's nothing to base this on other than gut feeling.