• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Formula 1 Thread

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was good watching Button do more of his qualify badly then overtake everything to get an ok result, whilst doing a load of maths to work out if he'd won it.

Button's overtake on Buemi, definitely earnt the championship there as he came from way way back.

Pothas

Yup,

Give me one of the 4 previous seasons any day. There's been about 2 good/exciting races all season. Whilst it was good in a sense to see Ferrari and McLaren had the stuffing knocked out of them, it made for poor racing at the front, which is not what the vast majority of the people want to see. F1 needs a proper rivarly at the head of the field to generate the most interest, sadly though, it was the one thing missing from this season (IMO).
Yeah agree, 2007 and 2008 were two of the best seasons we had for quite some time, 2008 especialy had lots of excellent races (lots of rain effected races certainly helped) This was fairly intersting in that we were never sure who was going to be quick at the start of every weekend but as you say most of the races were pretty dull. The quality of the tracks play a big role though, for example I cannot remember watching a bad Brazilian Grand Prix. Next year promises to be excellent though. Alonso v Hamilton will be great and I hope Kimi is thrown in there as well. I also have a feeling that the Red Bulls are not going to go away.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's been like the Ashes was- a fairly big surprise that was somehow quite underwhelming because of the lack of any actual excitement throughout.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
My neighbours will testify that I disagree with the 'lack of excitement' comment regarding the Ashes

social

I've just secured my spot on a 150 ft cruiser that will be docked at Yas Island Marina for the race

If you look closely, I'll be the guy propping up the bar inside the saloon paying absolutely no attention to the race

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If I do watch the race, I'll now be subconsciously looking out for Dr. Evil in the background.

social

Off to the race followed by an Aerosmith concert

I'll have a beer or two for you guys

Johnners

By the same token, It could end up a nightmare and only last 1 season ala Hamilton/Alonso in 2008.

Pothas

Hmmmm don't think that they will fall out quite that badly, a bit problem with Alonso and Hamilton was that they were so similar in terms of pace but in this case I expect Hamilton to come out on top and Button is not the sort to have a strop if he does find himself second best.

social

Wasnt it only last week that the media were reporting that the delay in Button signing with Brawn was due to the Mercedes negotiations i.e. Merc take over and Brawn could pay him what he was worth