• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Formula 1 Thread

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Agree about Massa, never really impressed me when he was with Sauber and imo never earnt his Ferrari drive.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Alonso's easily the best driver on the circuit. Hamilton monumentally ****s up too often for my liking.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not sure it's easily tbh.

2007 - They both finished equal on points. Obviously you have to bear in mind that Alonso was being stroppy, but Hamilton was in his first season.

Since then it's been impossible to properly compare but when you think that Hamilton is still a young driver and only in his 3rd season, he's still got a lot of room to improve whereas Alonso is finished product. Also think Hamilton's learnt something from being at the back during parts of this season, as he's never experienced it unlike Alonso who spent the apprenticeship season at Minardi.

Next season's championship will be fought between these two without a doubt.

Pothas

Would not rule out Kimi if he is at Mclaren though, despite winning his championship with Ferrari it was at Mclaren that he really produced his best performances. You would probably back Hamilton over a season but I am sure that Kimi is capable of beating him and if he gets off to a good start it will be very interesting to see how Hamilton reacts.

Pothas

Just watched highlights from the 2005 Japanese Grand Prix, simply fantastic from Kimi and Alonso, watching Alonso pass Schumacher around the outside of the 130R has to be one of my two favourite ever moments in formula 1, only rivaled by Mika's move at Spa.

Reminds me that this season has really been pretty forgetable, cannot think of a single race this season that has been really good, last season was so much better.

Matteh

Just watched highlights from the 2005 Japanese Grand Prix, simply fantastic from Kimi and Alonso, watching Alonso pass Schumacher around the outside of the 130R has to be one of my two favourite ever moments in formula 1, only rivaled by Mika's move at Spa.

Reminds me that this season has really been pretty forgetable, cannot think of a single race this season that has been really good, last season was so much better.
Seeing that Winkelhock guy leading a Grand Prix in the wet in his first race in a Spyker is a highlight for me.

Olivier Panis winning at Monaco in 1996 in a Ligier.

Biggest downer - Damon Hill's Arrows dying whilst winning at Hungary 1997.

Johnners

Any news on where Kimi is likely to be next season? The more i think about it, it will be disappointing if he does retires (as he says he will if there's not a competitive drive available) whilst the likes of Kovalinen are poking around in a McLaren...

Matteh

Kova's out, almost a cert. Back to Renault for mine.
Kimi to McLaren, especially as Ron Dennis isn't about anymore.

Hardest done by driver is Nick Heidfeld. How many more times does he have to outscore teammates like Raikkonen/Massa/Kubica to be considered any good?

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Well done to Jenson Button .... 2009 World Formula 1 Champion :)

Last edited:

Pothas

Yeah I am really pleased for him, a very worthy World Champion as far as I am concerned, 6 race wins and his performances in the race were always strong even when he struggled later in the season.

Well done Webber as well, second race victory and did it very comfortably.

Matteh

Yeah, no doubts at all whether or not he deserves it.

6 wins > Everyone else. Barrichello was crap whilst Brawn had the dominant car. Vettel has messed up too much.

social

Brilliant stuff

Might get to meet him in Abu Dhabi next week so I'll try to get a signed cap

Johnners

Had it in the bag after 7 races did Button, awesome for him though.That said, i'm more excited about the 2nd win for Webber!! :cool:

Bring on next season already, personally think this year it's been pretty dull. Can't wait for a proper Hamilton v Alonso duel.

99*

International Debutant
WD to Button, best driver for the season.

Can't wait for Kovi to get the boot. Worst driver to touch a McLaren. Anybody (except for Massa) would be better than him.

social

Had it in the bag after 7 races did Button, awesome for him though.That said, i'm more excited about the 2nd win for Webber!! :cool:

Bring on next season already, personally think this year it's been pretty dull. Can't wait for a proper Hamilton v Alonso duel.
Hopefully taking place at the rear of the field!

The domination of the teams with most money had become the most effective cure for insomnia and it's been great to see smaller teams kick their collective arses

Anyway, IMO, this year was very interesting at it proved conclusively that the best car usually wins the championship and that certain drivers' skills have been ridiculously overrated

Last edited:

Matteh

The issue i've had with this season is that although it's been good to see different cars and drivers up there, the races themselves generally are dominated by one team only so there's not been much action up the front. But with the big-name Ferraris/McLarens in the midfield, we saw a lot more on TV of the battles going on rather than the lone car at the front cruising round lap after lap.

Johnners

The issue i've had with this season is that although it's been good to see different cars and drivers up there, the races themselves generally are dominated by one team only so there's not been much action up the front. But with the big-name Ferraris/McLarens in the midfield, we saw a lot more on TV of the battles going on rather than the lone car at the front cruising round lap after lap.
Yup,

Give me one of the 4 previous seasons any day. There's been about 2 good/exciting races all season. Whilst it was good in a sense to see Ferrari and McLaren had the stuffing knocked out of them, it made for poor racing at the front, which is not what the vast majority of the people want to see. F1 needs a proper rivarly at the head of the field to generate the most interest, sadly though, it was the one thing missing from this season (IMO).