• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Formula 1 Thread

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Vito Liuzzi apparently. Substandard displays in a Torro Rosso a few years back.

99*

International Debutant
Scum. Hope they do get banned and Piquet Jr. gets a drive somewhere else.

Would personally remove their championships as well, but that's more my hatred of Alonso than justice speaking.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Piquet Jr's not gonna get a drive anywhere else, its not exactly showing great integrity on his part that he agreed to crash itfp, and only brought it out into the open once he didn't get a contract. Teams that would do that sort of thing aren't going to want him because he didn't keep quiet, teams that wouldn't aren't going to want him because he's shown he would do something like that.

99*

International Debutant
Piquet Jr's not gonna get a drive anywhere else, its not exactly showing great integrity on his part that he agreed to crash itfp, and only brought it out into the open once he didn't get a contract. Teams that would do that sort of thing aren't going to want him because he didn't keep quiet, teams that wouldn't aren't going to want him because he's shown he would do something like that.
TBF every team has a 'second driver' for that sort of thing. Crashing is taking it too far, but every number two on a team is there to do whatever it takes to give the number one the win. Of course, no team is going to publically say so but it's damned clear that it happens.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
So therefore no one is going to take a risk on him spilling the beans in the future if he doesn't like something they have done

99*

International Debutant
So therefore no one is going to take a risk on him spilling the beans in the future if he doesn't like something they have done
I guess, but then they're taking that risk with any driver they sign, look at Alonso. He did the same thing (claimed McLaren cheated), didn't stop Renault taking him back.

Johnners

Alonso apparently signed for Ferrari next season, should mean a decent race for the title between he and Hamilton (assuming normal service resumes with McLaren/Ferrari dominating). Not sure what it means for Raikonnen, to Renault perhaps?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Massa's furious about the Renault deliberate crashing incident- he's got a point, he lost the title by one point.

Pothas

Or because Massa's broke down with three laps to go while leading the Hungarian Grand Prix. I know that was a case of bad luck rather than anothe team cheating or a supposedly unfair ruling but the point is that with a championship that was that close a whole number of things could have changed the result either way. Have a lot of sympathy for Massa though, wish he had won last year as it was probably his only really good chance of becoming world champion.

Looking forward to next season, with the Alonso in the Ferrari and hopefully Lewis and Kimi in the mclaren, ideally these cars will be back at the front but hope Brawn and Red bull stay competative enough to still challenge for victories, would make for an excellent season but I am backing Alonso to come out on top and think he will do so more than once at Ferrari, even if he never quite matches Schumacher.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Or because Massa's broke down with three laps to go while leading the Hungarian Grand Prix. I know that was a case of bad luck rather than anothe team cheating or a supposedly unfair ruling but the point is that with a championship that was that close a whole number of things could have changed the result either way. Have a lot of sympathy for Massa though, wish he had won last year as it was probably his only really good chance of becoming world champion.

Looking forward to next season, with the Alonso in the Ferrari and hopefully Lewis and Kimi in the mclaren, ideally these cars will be back at the front but hope Brawn and Red bull stay competative enough to still challenge for victories, would make for an excellent season but I am backing Alonso to come out on top and think he will do so more than once at Ferrari, even if he never quite matches Schumacher.
I don't see Brawn being up there again next year, I think they'll finish fourth. McLaren and Ferrari in particular have already spent loads of time developing the 2010 car while Brawn and to a lesser extent Red Bull have been adding improvements to the current car to win this championship. I can't see wins for anyone but the big two early in the season.

99*

International Debutant
Massa's furious about the Renault deliberate crashing incident- he's got a point, he lost the title by one point.
Didn't Massa **** up badly in Singapore last year (driving out of his pit with the fuel hose still attached to his car) so he wouldn't have gained anything on Hamilton?

Plus, as Matteh said, Hamilton would have had a much better case for being shafted.

Matteh

Plus there was Silverstone where Massa spun about 5 times and looked like a kid in a big car.

Don't rate Massa at all and think Hamilton and Alonso are about equal at the front. Kimi's clearly quick but runs hot and cold so much since he won the WC.

Vettel will be a champ but he's made a load of mistakes this season, still growing up.

Pothas

Hamilton made plenty of mistakes last year as well though and had a fair amount of luck in winning his title am not denying that he is very talented, would put him just behind Alonso due to conisteny not speed. I think people are a bit harsh on Massa, he has days when he looks very ordinary but he is quick and when at his best can live with the best drivers. Having said that Alonso will be too good for him over a season. I do hope Renault are quick next year although it would seem rather unlikely as it would be a shame for Kubica to be wasted on a poor car again, arguably the best driver last season.

Johnners

Plus there was Silverstone where Massa spun about 5 times and looked like a kid in a big car.

Don't rate Massa at all and think Hamilton and Alonso are about equal at the front. Kimi's clearly quick but runs hot and cold so much since he won the WC.

Vettel will be a champ but he's made a load of mistakes this season, still growing up.
Agree with all of this, especially about Massa.