• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Olympics 2012 - Logo unveiled..

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Not awful IMO but there certainly could be a lot better ideas. Barely realised it said 2012 TBH.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Don't overly care tbh, as long as its Londoners footing the bill. But surely given the fuss that was made at the time of taking all those schoolkids to singapore and them winning the olympics for London, they should just have had a comp for kids in London to design a logo and the prize could have been the chance to hold the olympic torch or something.

Cloete

International Captain
i think it is very clever. congratulations to the logo designer/s
:laugh:

Agreed with nibbs on this one. Sensational piece of artwork. Surely up there with any piece of artistry since the inception of mankind.

Langeveldt

Soutie
What interests me is that everyone hates it.. Its not a split thing whatsoever, its like they were trying to be bad, which is an interesting tactic..

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Surprised no one has posted this.

PS: probably mature content. So click at your own peril.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've seen one as an avatar that's modified so that instead of it being '2012' it's a certain four letter word beginning with S that's in the CW naughty word filter. I can't be arsed finding the picture online tho.