• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Samir Nasri - The New Zinedine Zidane ?

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Remember this name Samir Nasri.....

The boy is a very talented midfielder for Olympique Marseille and I think he is destined for great things. He grew up in the same neighbourhood of Marseille my family once lived in.
Scored the winner in France's Euro 2008 win over Georgia yesterday and his star is rising rapidly. He was also instrumental in France winning the Eurpean u-17 championship in 2004.

Whether he will match the feats of the great Zidane remains to be seen but he is another good upcoming young FRench player .....and I feel one of the most exciting talents in Europe.

Anyone else seen him play ??

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
It seems all talented French attacking midfielders get dubbed the 'new Zidane' just like some English allrounders get dubbed the new 'Ian Botham' in the past.

Here's one for you, Bruno Cheyrou, apparently the next 'Zidane' and we all know what has happened with him...

Salamuddin

International Debutant
It seems all talented French attacking midfielders get dubbed the 'new Zidane' just like some English allrounders get dubbed the new 'Ian Botham' in the past.

Here's one for you, Bruno Cheyrou, apparently the next 'Zidane' and we all know what has happened with him...

well of course....that goes with the territory....any good young player is going to evoke comparisons with greats gone by 8-)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
i thought Ribery was the next Zidane?. Have heard of him Nasri but thats about it..

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Mourad Meghni was gun on one of the old Champ Man games. Nasri will probably turn out handy but nothing more.

Cloete

International Captain
Nasri's a pretty good player. Carving up the French league. PES seems to like the kid.

What do you make of M'Bami Salamuddin?

reptillia

School Boy/Girl Captain
yeah i've seen a few clips of nasri and he seems to have the talent. is he supposed to be going to inter???

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
haha, another young player being touted as the new zidane is Tottenham's Adel Taarbat, its funny but i guess its pretty similar to the position that every young leg-spinner is Australia will face until one becomes test quality.