• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

America's Cup and Louis Vuitton Cup - Come on Emirates Team NZ

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't know how many non New Zealanders are following the Pre America's cup challenger series in Valencia, but I hope you guys are cheering and praying for Emirates Team NZ to win . At the moment the Challenger series final is under way.

Emirates Team New Zealand has won the first race (last night my time) against Luna Rossa (previously Called Prada) and leads the (Challenger Series) Louis Vuitton Cup Final 1-0 . The winner ith the Team that wins 5 races first (or the best of 9 races). Last night was exciting with Team NZ despite a great start and coasting mostly finally faced a challemge and pulled off an exciting 8 second win.

Any others following it ?

As a Sri Lankan in NZ , I find it very exciting.

The winner then races Alinghi (the defender and holder) for the America's Cup.

Last edited:

nibbs

International Captain
Thanks for keeping me informed, Jason. I'm going to come back to this thread from now on whenever I want to get updates on the America's Cup.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
T'was a good start to the Louis Vitton Cup for Team NZ, hopefully we can keep it up.

Fiery

Banned
Have never been able to get too exciting about yachting. A sports not a sport if it doesn't involve a ball imo.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Have never been able to get too exciting about yachting. A sports not a sport if it doesn't involve a ball imo.
So you think, sport is only playing with Balls.... :laugh:

Interesting thoughts, there from Fiery ..:laugh:

Fiery

Banned
So you think, sport is only playing with Balls.... :laugh:

Interesting thoughts, there from Fiery ..:laugh:
yep, that's just me though, I only like sports that involve a ball. I'm not stopping others from liking sports that don't though.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Todays was a perfect race by Emirates Team NZ from start to finish and a very resounding win. Well done Team NZ..... I will rest easy once it gets to 4-0 only .

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Too right.

Also, I hate yachties - they, as a group, are a bunch of the most rude, arrogant tossers that I've ever come across. I used to live near the marina in Southampton (where Shane Warne now lives) and it was unbelievable how rude they would be to the staff in the little Tesco Metro there and the bar staff in the marina-side bars. Just because you can afford a $1,000k yacht doesn't make you (a) interesting (b) exciting or (c) someone that Heath would waste his time talking to. Before you can fall into pot (c) you need to have something to say and have done something in your life which is of interest to anyone outside the upper classes and yacht brigade. The yachties who used to frequent Ocean Village in Southampton included the round-the-world yacht crews who congregated there at both the beginning and end of that race. Bunch of wankers. I doubt anyone in NZ would give a toss about the sodding 'Louis XVI' cup if the crew of every bloody boat didn't have at least one Kiwi in it. It the most self-serving, jingoistic and cynical form of support I've ever seen.

Fiery

Banned
Too right.

Also, I hate yachties - they, as a group, are a bunch of the most rude, arrogant tossers that I've ever come across. I used to live near the marina in Southampton (where Shane Warne now lives) and it was unbelievable how rude they would be to the staff in the little Tesco Metro there and the bar staff in the marina-side bars. Just because you can afford a $1,000k yacht doesn't make you (a) interesting (b) exciting or (c) someone that Heath would waste his time talking to. Before you can fall into pot (c) you need to have something to say and have done something in your life which is of interest to anyone outside the upper classes and yacht brigade. The yachties who used to frequent Ocean Village in Southampton included the round-the-world yacht crews who congregated there at both the beginning and end of that race. Bunch of wankers. I doubt anyone in NZ would give a toss about the sodding 'Louis XVI' cup if the crew of every bloody boat didn't have at least one Kiwi in it. It the most self-serving, jingoistic and cynical form of support I've ever seen.
I hear ya Heath...that should go in the rant thread, it's a good one

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
3-0

I'm quite enjoying this despite not being interested in yacht racing.